Hot Toys Star-Lord exclusive action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight I'm looking at a figure that people raved about...and which I'm not quite as enthusiastic about. Don't get me wrong, he's nice...just not as outstanding as I was hoping. Who might that be? It's Star-Lord from Hot Toys, who finally shipped to me this last week. You can find the review here:

Hot Toys Star-Lord Guardians of the Galaxy action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Tonight I'm looking at a figure that people raved about...and which I'm not quite as enthusiastic about. Don't get me wrong, he's nice...just not as outstanding as I was hoping. Who might that be? It's Star-Lord from Hot Toys, who finally shipped to me this last week. You can find the review here:

Hot Toys Star-Lord Guardians of the Galaxy action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Michael what do you mean by this quote?

One note: you'll want to cut the plastic booties off this time, even if it seems like you could pull them with a little effort. That's because he has his rocket boosters permanently affixed to the side of his boots, and you don' want to damage them.

Michael what do you mean by this quote?

One note: you'll want to cut the plastic booties off this time, even if it seems like you could pull them with a little effort. That's because he has his rocket boosters permanently affixed to the side of his boots, and you don' want to damage them.

Out the box Starlord is packaged with wraps of plastic on specific parts of his body (head/arms/feet) normally you can slide the plastic wraps off the feet "booties" but on this figure because of the boosters you shouldn't do that with the chance of damaging the feet.

what krzykoopa said. Hot Toys has been a bit better lately about not wrapping the plastic on the hands and feet quite so tight, so you can pull it off without cutting the tape. That's a good thing, since I'm not a huge fan of waving sharp instruments around my expensive figures. However, this time the foot covers are pretty tight, and while you *might* be able to pull them off without cutting the tape, I wouldn't recommend it because of the boosters on the sides of the boots.

Great review, Michael--but I was really surprised you didn't even mention that Star-Lord's headphones are totally the wrong color!

MC I am starting to appreciate your reviews a bit more. You are the first reviewer that said the Pratt head-sculpt wasn't up to par and I agree completely.

Its not that it isn't a good/realistic head-sculpt, it's Hot Toys they do great human heads. It just doesn't scream Pratt to me, I see the resemblance but to me it looks more generic.

I think its the expression, just like the ANH Han people are disappointed with. If you compare feature for feature they are all there but put together it just doesn't scream Pratt/Ford to me.

Then again Pratt does not have the most unique face so maybe he is just more difficult.

Back