Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could anyone please let me know the length, width and height of the DL44 blaster that he comes with? maybe pics with calipers?

I'm modelling up a more accurate looking one to 3D print (alongside the ANH and ROTJ Dl44 just for fun) and go with my kitbashed Bespin Luke
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
Does this help?
IMG_5058.jpeg

Holy moly the new fatigues are hard to get on the the old DX body!
Yeah its one of the issues - its a pretty snug fit despite the actual costume being quite baggy, especially the pants. The HT figure is just not capable of achieving the bagginess seen in the movie.

old boots are still ok in mine, but yeah, the pants are a completely different color between the old and new so mixing and matching doesn’t really work.

The boots are a huge improvement over the junk DX24 boots but some DX07 boots are starting to degrade (they are approaching 15 years old) and also the DX07 fabric is a more tan color than the DX24 fabric.
old boots are still ok in mine, but yeah, the pants are a completely different color between the old and new so mixing and matching doesn’t really work.

Good to know, but would adding the necessary grease and grim hide the color variation?

A fast dip in some Rit Dye Tan might pull the DX24 color closer to the DX07 color (I don't think it would work the other way - trying to get the DX07 recolored toward the DX24) especially with some heavy pants weathering to cover any remaining slight mismatch. Without dye the two outfits are just too different in color even with heavy weathering.

It's certainly true that the upgrade in cut/sew that's pretty evident DX24 vs DX07 is much less evident on the pants, so it is a good thought to try top use them.

If DX24 parts become as ridiculously available (and cheap) as the Snowspeeder Luke was, I may try it. Though the part-outs are tougher on the DX24 because its sewn onto the figure whereas the snowspeeder it was clips and micro zippers.

Is this figure still hard to find? I have DX07 but don’t feel like displaying that set out of concern of degradation.

Is this figure still hard to find? I have DX07 but don’t feel like displaying that set out of concern of degradation.
I've had both my DX07s out on display since I got them (11 or 12 years now?) and have never had any issues. But I live in the midwest and it's pretty temperate.

Last edited:
Back