Hello fellow freaks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt. Pinback

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all :wave

UK based collector here! I've been collecting action figures pretty much my whole life, a bold statement I know, but here's a brief history:

First got bitten by the bug at the tender age of 7 waaaay back in 1977 when I was given Palitoy/Kenner Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, C-3PO, R2 D2 and a landspeeder for Christmas, they blew me away and I had to have more, more, more. All my Christmas and birthday wants after that were for Star Wars figures, vehicles and playsets.

Now this does sound like some kid into his 'toys' but in the 80's when interest was waning in these figures and they became harder to get in shops I felt a real sense of panic as the only figure I didn't have was EV 9D9 and I embarked upon a major campaign to complete the collection before it was too late. Luckily enough I managed to pick one up MOC for the princely sum of 0.50p (GB) in a thrift store of all places.

Things pretty much went quiet after that as I grew up and entered the realm of 'girls, booze, and music', until the Hasbro Collector series of action figures came out in the 90's and the old demon rose again, forcing me to buy every one I came across, even travelling around the country to visit stores that had figures in stock I couldn't obtain locally.

This was probably a mistake as on one particular trip I saw DML WWII figures!! All change in collection pattern as it were and a field grey invasion took place in my home!!!

Until......Sideshow Star Wars!!!

By now I was pretty much a completist and pre-ordered every one as they were announced. One day after reading an online figure review of HT's Pred 2 I bought one out of curiosity. BIG MISTAKE.

Since then (2007) I have collected primarily HT Pred's with the odd figure that caught my eye thrown in.

Reading the boards here I see they're not everyone's cup of tea, but damn I still love those big ugly mutha's, and they dominate my collection like silent titans watching and waiting...... (for what I don't know, probably for me to dust them occasionally).

So there you have it, that's me, venerable, pretentious and for the most part bewildered. As soon as my post count is high enough I'll get some pictures of my collection posted, until then, :peace

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys. Thats a post count of three, two more and I can get some pix on lol

Back