Greetings from Texas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike8023

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

As my handle implies my name is Mike and while I have been collecting smaller collectibles for awhile, I have only just recently gotten into the premium collectibles market. I think my bank account is going to be in trouble...:rotfl

I mostly collect anime, gaming and comic book collectibles and I am looking forward to interacting with you all.

My first order of business is to figure out how I will display my future purchases! I have a curio cabinet currently, but I'm weary of the glass holding up with Premium format figures being so heavy. I will probably go Besta like many others, but I'm having trouble choosing a door option. I bought a lot of Tombo's last weekend, but the Glassvik doors do look promising!

Anyway, I thought I would post some shots of the current collection and say hi! Please forgive my photography skills... Speaking of which does anyone know of a good program to resize photos with a minimal loss in quality?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers,
Mike

Welcom aboard-I just relocated to Dallas from the East coast last year. Most of my collection is in storage until we decide on a more permanent larger dwelling. In my man cave back East, I had most of my PF's in Detolf's from Ikea or had custom acrylic cases made for them from a local acrylic shop. I already found one in Dallas with reasonable prices.

I took a look at the Detolf's last weekend but I just don't think they will work for the bigger figures that I plan to collect. I am curious about you custom acrylic case idea. Does the shop you found have a website I can take a look at?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

hey Texas brotha! Saw that Yamato Faye Valentine in a shop last month for discount but I was all outa cash due my obsessive compulsive statue purchasing :gah:

I hear you on the glass cases, right now I have very limited space so most of my figures are out in the open and this being the Texas panhandle I get to dust them about twice a week. I'd love to go the IKEA PAX route but I'm broke enough as it is just playing catch up with these statues :/

If your looking for a free picture editing program I use GiMP, its pretty much the poor man's photoshop clone

Thanks Samurai!

I'll definitely give GiMP a shot.

By the way, love the Takamura avatar! :rock

Back