Greetings from Down Under! (And a little advice?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a-b34r

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Everyone !

I am a new collector from Australia :)
I have come to your forums in the hope that someone may be able to help a n00b like myself with a few questions I had!

I have been collecting blind boxes' for a few years now, and I have just upgraded to bigger statues now that I have found a line that I am OBSESSED with-- DC Bombshells-- (can I cosplay them all PLS!)

Now, I know that I am not looking in exactly the right forum for my query, but I am sincerely hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction :)

I recently purchased two Bombshells for xmas, Zatanna and Batwoman, (one for me, one for my partner) after owning Hawkgirl for a few months. Now, I am in a bit of a pickle because the paint jobs on both of these new statues are absolutely ATROCIOUS.. There are so many cosmetic mistakes with these statues, I am absolutely shocked that they were allowed to be sent out to a consumer! The paint is too thin, one eye is not stuck on properly, the detailing is incredibly sloppy work, there are paint drops ALL OVER both statues. (I will upload photos if anyone wants reference)

Now, as I am new to the world of collectibles, I am well and truly unsure of what my options are at this point. Do I bother trying to contact the manufacturer (DC)? Do I just get a refund from where I bought them and try and find better ones elsewhere? Do I just buy some paint and fix the mistakes myself?

If any of you have been in a similar situation, I would really appreciate knowing how you resolved it.

Many Thanks!

Audrey

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Audrey!
wavesmile.gif

I think the best route for you would be to return the statues for a refund. You could try to find someone to repaint them, there are several talented artists here on the Freaks board you can talk to, but it could be pricey.

Best of luck. :duff

:welcome1: I'd try to get a refund on them and find new ones. The Batwoman bombshell statue has had widespread paint issues. You may only want to get one if you can check it out first since the odds aren't good that you'll get a clean one.

Back