Emperor Palpatine resculpt and repaint *body update*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Emperor Palpatine resculpt and repaint

Thanks, Lopie! :)

Yeah, in the end it's just a matter of preference. For the frown that bulge is more accurate, but I wasn't really feeling it, so I went more with what I preferred instead. For anybody not analyzing every shot like we are doing, the difference is negligible anyway. :lol

True. But we are not like them! We want perfection. :rock

Re: Emperor Palpatine resculpt and repaint

Finally continued work on Palpatine. He's not completely done yet, but almost.

I used a knockoff narrow shoulder TT for the body. I shortened him by about 0.5 cm by shortening the lower legs, and dremeled the shoulders a bit more to slim them down.
I made a new grey undersuit as well. Bought some fabric that was the right colour and draped nicely. I didn't tailor anything, it's basically a complete hackjob under the robe, but since so little is visible, I didn't put all too much effort into it. :lol
His left hand is still unmodified, I need to sculpt some wrinkles on it and repaint it. The two left hands he came with are too preposed for my taste, I wanted something more relaxed, so I used this one from my parts box.

IMG_1349_2_small.jpg

IMG_1351_2_small.jpg

IMG_1357_2_small.jpg

Next step is modifying Vader's body to proportion him better and scale him better to Palps.

Your Emperor looks so awesome. The black robe drapes so well. Is that just due to the new inner gray robe? I can't even get the hood to drape properly to open up that neck.

Your Emperor looks so awesome. The black robe drapes so well. Is that just due to the new inner gray robe? I can't even get the hood to drape properly to open up that neck.

Thanks. :) The visible neck is definitely because of the new grey inner robe, I couldn't achieve that amount of visibility with the old robe. The draping of the black outer robe is more because of the four paperclips I used in the back, though. :lol I also used a new body with better proportions and articulation, so that makes it easier to work with and make the robe look good, as well.

Since I modded my Vader to reduce his height and improve his proportions, I might as well post the pics of him with the Emperor here. I still need to mod that hand...

IMG_1677_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_3_small.jpg

Thanks. :) The visible neck is definitely because of the new grey inner robe, I couldn't achieve that amount of visibility with the old robe. The draping of the black outer robe is more because of the four paperclips I used in the back, though. :lol I also used a new body with better proportions and articulation, so that makes it easier to work with and make the robe look good, as well.

Since I modded my Vader to reduce his height and improve his proportions, I might as well post the pics of him with the Emperor here. I still need to mod that hand...

IMG_1677_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_2_small.jpg

IMG_1685_3_small.jpg

And Vaders hand. :monkey3

Back