Distinctive Dummies Mego style figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DD started out making some 12 inch figures that were an answer to some fans dreams....while not to the liking of others here. So---this thread is for the likers and not the haters,lol.

DD has moved from limited customs to licensed figures. their first licensed figures are Mego style figures based on the works of BORIS KARLOFF. Video promoting the characters going to be included in the first wave. they also made a great Mego Pennywise. The Karloffs should be of special interest to Nick aka The Monster. If he still visits here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rudlfsJ4rX0

Did they do the Candyman yet? I would buy him in a heartbeat

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not yet. Candy man is later. They have a website to order their items from. Pennywise is selling like mad. The make up artist who created the look of the character in the tv mini series just bought one from him. They have a nice Vincent Price Mego style wave going too.

Alright cool. Little pricey but like their website says... They're making figures no one else does. And custom work is even more expensive.

I'll patiently wait for Candyman :)

I wouldnt let scale deter me from having a figure that no one else is likely to ever make, if its from a favorite flick. Maniac Cop probably isnt going to get picked up by anyone except an extremely devoted fan willing to shuck out $400+ for a nice custom. Aside from McFarlane's offering, Candyman doesnt register as much of a blip on anyone's radar either. Pennywise is on everyone's want list: but only super expensive customs seem to be out there.

Its a nice alternative thats relatively inexpensive. Relative in comparison to the Hot Toys, etc. prices out there. Im getting Pennywise and anything Vincent Price.

Well---his Pennywise; limited to 50: sold out instantly. It is now selling for 2-3 times what it was issued at, and its only been sold out a week. The guy who did the design for the character's look in the mini series even bought one. He left him some positive feedback too. Pretty neat little Mego style figure. he has a 12 inch 1/6 scale Barlow from Salem's Lot in the works. head sculpt:

ejjk_2c6_u9wqb.jpg

Are they making anymore of those pennywise's? The size doesn't go with my collection but i would make an exception for that insanely cool pennywise.

I hope when the time comes for Candyman he doesn't sell out. I don't think he's all too popular..underrated for sure.

I cannot speak for him....but its basically just him and his wife. He makes a limited number of them, then moves to the next character. He is only going to make 100 each of the Karloff wave: and it's sanctioned by Sarah Karloff. I think he keeps the numbers low like that to create excitement and insure he doesnt make too many and lose his shirt.

Kind of like how SSC used to do the same thing with their Universal Monsters releases. 300 Mummy pfs, 600 Wolfman, only 100 Ardeth bet busts. that sort of thing. Proving the old adage "ya snooze, ya loose".

Back