Chronicle Collectibles - Jurassic Park Life-Size T-Rex 1:1 Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickPS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Here we go.

"The fans have wanted the ultimate collectible from Jurassic Park, well it has finally arrived."

29790427_2008401756086326_6260784560225314771_n.jpg

Update:

Confirmed to not be an April fool.

Update:

And instead of the male from TLW, they're going to do a female from the first movie.

Re: Chronicle Collectibles - The Lost World Male T-Rex Life-size 1:1 Scale Bust

I suppose it's April Fool's somewhere in the world already.

April fools or not, that pic is impressive. I can't imagine where a normal person would even be able to display one. You'd have to have quite a large house to begin with. That would make for a heck of a display in a home theater or around a sharp corner :lol

I'll take two.

I wouldn’t mind a foam cast

So many stupid facebook comments on this. :lol

Even if they did a foam version imagine just the shipping costs, it would be into the thousands.

If they are making this, which Chronicle has teased in the past, I can only assume they will go the Neca route, and give is a bust sculpted in “high grade latex foam”. So ues, this will be a high end holloween display, which will likely have a shelf life of about 2 years depending on what side of the globe you live in, and how humid it gets. There is absolutly no way they cast this in resin, or even hollow plastic/vinyl. The weight alone would be a lawsuit waiting to happen if someone mounts this on a wall and it falls. Unless you have 7 inch lag bolts that have atleast a tri stud backing, this won’t stand a chance actually hanging on a wall. But, I’d buy one anyways lol.

If they are making this, which Chronicle has teased in the past, I can only assume they will go the Neca route, and give is a bust sculpted in “high grade latex foam”. So ues, this will be a high end holloween display, which will likely have a shelf life of about 2 years depending on what side of the globe you live in, and how humid it gets. There is absolutly no way they cast this in resin, or even hollow plastic/vinyl. The weight alone would be a lawsuit waiting to happen if someone mounts this on a wall and it falls. Unless you have 7 inch lag bolts that have atleast a tri stud backing, this won’t stand a chance actually hanging on a wall. But, I’d buy one anyways lol.

2 years is extremely low estimate, good latex foam can last decades of properly taken care of. I have one that is at least 10 years old and still looks perfect.

I don't mean just shipping to us, but shipping from China also.

I think it would be a in house like the full 1/5 Rex they did

No matter tha material they would charge more than an arm and leg lol

I think it would be a in house like the full 1/5 Rex they did

No matter tha material they would charge more than an arm and leg lol

They are done with in house projects per Paul after the Buck Rogers and Horus ones were finished. The 1/5 is coming from China too.

Just confirmed in the Live that this was not an April fool.
I'm waiting for a female, but **** me a full scale T-rex head!

Oh sheet, he just added that they're going to do the female and not the male..

XBqQEGq.jpg

Yep, and it's this big.
If they pulled this off they can do everything.

That pic is deceiving, unless Alex is only 5' tall. The bust will still dwarf that piece. They did mention there will be no neck due to the size, but they already mentioned a 1/2 if they can't do a life size which is what I expect to see when they figure out all the costs. Not sure I would want a 1/2 bust already having the 1/5 full body on order, but depending on price with shipping I would be interested in the 1:1.

Back