Boy, I sure wish a Blade Runner Hot Toys figure existed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ve seen Blade Runner mentioned in an Hot Toys Q &A.Im sure it s only a matter of time.

I ve seen Blade Runner mentioned in an Hot Toys Q &A.Im sure it s only a matter of time.
Sure hope that's the case. Out of all the smaller 'cult' properties, Deckard and Batty are the two characters I most want to see realized in 1:6. I know a few people have mentioned that the rights are tangled up, but I can't believe it's not possible to sort something out.

Yeah, even when we see such elusive licenses as Clockwork Orange getting some licensed products (bobbleheads and Funko figures), we still don't see any from obvious geek favorite Blade Runner. I don't think we'll ever get nice official products from this film. Seems like an officially licensed "spinner" car was released with a DVD set once, though.

I bought that set back in the day (luckily one of the last available on blu-ray, around where I lived). Little Spinner car and an origami unicorn replica that my wife and I liked enough that it's always sitting on a desk or table somewhere around the house. Would definitely recommend the set if you ever come across it second-hand for retail or less.

Sure will be a shame if we never see officially licensed product. Hard to believe whomever is wrangling with the rights wouldn't see the potential in merchandizing.

Re: Blade Runner Hot Toys figure

I'd love Deckard, Rachel, and Batty. Doubt we'd get all of those though. More than likely it'll just be the main character. Batty's a MAYBE. Rachel's a pipe dream.

Deckard & Rachel, for sure. Gaff! And a 1/6 Spinner. Ahhh, the joys of what if :)

Ridley Scott just confirmed he's doing a blade runner sequel.
So maybe this isn't too much of a dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, totally forgot about that. You'd think that will provide the impetus needed to get the licensing sorted. Not sure if I could swing the space for a 1:6 Spinner, but holy smokes would that be hard to resist. Of all the 1:6 vehicles I can think of (that are reasonably doable or have already been done), I think the Spinner would have the most display presence. Having some sort of clear stand to make it 'float', with the lights on... :drool

HT Blade Runner will happen in the next year or so. I have no doubt. Once they get Ford's likeness down with Han Solo, I believe they might assault Indy again as well as Blade Runner. Especially with Blade Runner 2 coming. Look how Prometheus spawned HT's "Giger" Alien and now Ripley.

You start adding variants in, there's quite a few figures in it too before you even get the full main cast.

From-left-to-right-Deckard-Rachael-Deckard-variant-Rachael-variant-Gaff-Roy-Batty-Pris-Pris-vari.jpg

Not suggesting HT would produce that many variants, btw, it's still a 'niche' line IMO :) That being said, a hypothetical BR line could be right place for an all DX line, more expensive but with two bodies in some sets (like Skywalker). For example, Rachel would be both the black & the white/cream outfits (along with the coat & a hair-down headsculpt).

Edit - both coats, even. Forgot there's briefly a black version of the huge coat, along with the more recognisable white one..

Yep, gorgeous. Velvet Morning's work is certainly second to none. Hope we do get something along those lines, one day. All I'd personally want is Deckard and clothed Batty (and maybe that Spinner, hanging behind them... :drool).

My main worry with a really good 1/6 Blade Runner line is that I'd say I'd limit myself to a Deckard & Rachel.. but then I'd want a Pris, so may as well get a Batty.. then that's 4, and 4 is such an orderly, boring number. So I'd want to get another character to round things out.. and so it goes on

Back