Bowen's Red Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
P1140432.jpg

Why?? Why???? Why did it have to be Ross??? I could have handled about anyone else being Red Hulk. But Ross?? I just can't get into it. Ross is Ross. Don't screw around with him. I don't know. I sort of lost intrest in the Red Hulk character after I found out it was Ross. But I can't help but think how cool Red Hulk looks. Thus I broke down and got the Bowen Red Hulk. A statue that I always admired but stayed away from due to the Ross factor.

Well Ross or not this is a pretty cool statue.

Face sculpt - 5 out of 5 I love the evil smile this Red Hulk has on his face. Very bad ass. I love the yellow eyes. A very good sculpt overall. However this is a Bowen Sculpt and does not really look like the Ed
Mcguinness comic version.

P1140416.jpg

B]Body Sculpt - 4 out of 5 / Pose - 3 out of 5 - Total 3 out of 5[/B] - Red Hulk could be a little bigger for my taste. Perhaps I just can't get the Mcguinness look out of my head. It's well done to be sure. I love the veins in his arms and chest. I just wish Bowen Co. worked off an orginal sculpt rather then the same one they used as the other four. Which brings me to pose. I took off another point compared to the point I took off for Maestro. Maestro at least was faced in a slightly different direction and had two closed fists. This one looks much like the green and grey Retro Hulk. Which just gets boring looking at over and over.

P1140424.jpg

P1140420.jpg

Paint - 4.5 out of 5 - I love the color red they used. Looks much better in person then my photos. Love how the Eyes are done. Pretty great job overall.

Base 4 out of 5 I like how the sand looks on this base. Like it's flowing off and onto the ground. Very nice job. It also come with a gun to display but I found no need to use it so it sits in the box.

P1140423.jpg

Overall - 4 out of 5 - If you love the Red Hulk you should Love this statue. I think it's pretty great and basically just ignore that it is Ross. :):)

P1140411.jpg

Back