Best/Favorite Comic Book Movie of the Decade (2010-2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Joker really a "comic book movie"?

I really liked the movie (more than anything previous featuring the Joker character) but it seemed to me that if you remove "Wayne," "Arkham" and "Gotham" from the movie, it really has little to no connection to comics.

Or maybe I'm missing something? Was there a comic that follows the character set-up and story as seen in "Joker"?

Unapologetic DCU & Garfield Spidey fanboy here...

1. BvS
  2. TDKR
  3. MoS
  4. JL
  5. CW
  6. Joker
  7. Avengers
  8. TASM
  9. Avengers AOU
  10. TASM2

I haven't seen AEG yet, and haven't properly seen IW, so those aren't factored in. But I feel they would only displace the other Avengers.

That’s a good list, Prime. JL is actually a guilty pleasure of mine. It wasn’t strong enough to bump anything off my list though. I enjoyed the Garfield Spidey movies too, but again, they didn’t bump anything off my list. There was SO MUCH that came out in that span when you think about it.

1. Avengers: Endgame
1A. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Captain America: Civil War
4: Avengers
5: Avengers: Age of Ultron
6: Guardians of the Galaxy
7: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
8: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9: Thor: Ragnarok
10: Black Panther

Past ten years?

Joker
Dredd
Logan
Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers

All the others have been kind of forgettable. I remember having a lot of fun in 2012 with Avengers. Saw it a bunch of times. I was completely obsessed with Dredd that same year too. Same thing with Guardians in 2014. I was listening to the volume 1 mix everyday. Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie. Logan was the only comic book movie that I liked in 2017.

Joker has been the only DC film I've actually liked since 2008.

That?s a very solid list. I?m not a big Cap fan but TWS was a well-made film; haven?t seen Dredd (guess I will tonight) ... I want to put Iron Man on my list but I?m finding it hard to compare against TWS. Can?t figure it out until I see Dredd; but otherwise I think I?d pretty much go with the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A hard call between my top 2...but both are close to perfection...

Dredd
Joker
Ghost in the shell
TDKR
CA:The first avenger
Man of steel
X-men-First class
Wonder woman
BvS
Kick-Ass

Here’s my list, I guess.

1. Joker
2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past
4. Logan
5. Man of Steel
6. Captain America: The First Avenger

I still need to watch Dredd - the original with Stallone is a guilty pleasure for me. :lol

This is in no particular order of my favorites and it only has live action and not animated.

The Avengers
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
End Game
Kingsman The Secret Service
Logan

Back