Prop Ardeth bey life size bust sse opinions about original and recasts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILMACELLO9

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm an Italian collector from Venice and I have only few pieces Horror classics in my collection.
Do you know who had the Ardeth Bey life size bust sse in this group? And If is possible Could I see pics of your bust, the number and about the color and ship box.
I spent last 3 years tryng to find a way to know which ones are original and which ones are recast or fake.
Please help me. Thanks and best regards
Sorry for my bad english

Looks identical to SS stuff to me. Why do you think it was a fake?

Thx for your opinion but is a fake for many reasons:

1) there's no number on the ship box down in the right like all sideshow brown box
2) there's no number on the color box down near the Yellow point. have you ever seen a box (color) whitout numbers??? no good
3) I asked weeks ago to the seller the number and he never answered me
4) the bust is little darker than the original one but it could be the light
5) I had 2 of them, time ago i bought a fake and after i take an original one from a seller called Tosh. He had all sideshow sse line and so I'm probably the only one I could compare the two busts...

Hope you could see some pics of mines

these are my boys

https://imageshack.com/i/n4dscn2652ij

fake on the left and original right

https://imageshack.com/i/2odscn2581kkj

https://imageshack.com/i/n7dscn2580rj

my ship box with right number on it

https://imageshack.com/i/j8dscn2569nj

all the fakes i saw never had a number on the box and if yes had strange numbers like678-9 567 etc....

I have seen boxes without numbers. Replacement boxes or APs/Samples sometimes don't have anything on the boxes. I can't zoom in on those pics to make out much difference between the 2. I have had 2 of the same SS pieces right next to each other and have seen large differences.

yes but it's hard see a sample or an AP of the Ardeth bey on ebay. And time ago I spoke with collectors who had number 7/11/13/!2 and all of them had number on the box. they bought the bust directly from ss or in a time before the fakes from china came out (2010)...like me in 2007/2008. Anyway what I think is that: In a 15 pieces edition size is strange that some had numbers and Others no...very strange.
If you see pics of the 2 bust, maybe color could be different (Painted by hands) but the bust on the left is thin and little "longer" than the right, the chin is little bigger and deformed, the hat little close.
If you see an old thread by the monster who had the same bust n 13 you could see pics of the box and a red cross on it.....fake or recast why don't have it?
Now many pieces are different because there are edition size of 300/1000 pieces...but of 15 why so different?

Hard to say. I had 2 Alien pieces that were both real and they were completely different colors. If the actual sculpt if different though I would say something may be up. The workers may have even let a few "slip out the back door" which is why they don't have numbers either. That red X is a SS designation for low numbered piece, they do it with almost all their pieces(though it is not always red). Who knows, hard to tell for sure unless there are high res pics or you have them in person.

Like you say it's hard... This thread is made to know or answer about it and I hope that someone who had it could tell me something. Anyway what I think is that the Red Cross maybe done on all ship box because the edition number of this piece is very low. I saw the brown box of the 11/13 and all of them have the cross, mine n 8 have the cross...so.... . The first bust I had someone told me he's a recast or a fake, brown box is different, no numbers on color b and had n 9. Another collector send me the link of the seller... It came from China and the seller in the past sold many a bey silver.... The second ( my lucky) is to met tosh on this board. He sold my n 8 time ago and he take it years ago from a guy who take it on ss. Anyway ..... Is not easy find the truth

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Do you think The monster is in this forum yet? He could have one or he had one time ago

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Back