Another "which lightsaber should I get?"-thread, but different!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peoplesbeer

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've been searching around the web and also this forum to gather some info on what lightsaber I should get.
Not for myself, but for my girlfriend who's a huge Star Wars fan. It's her birthday in a couple of months and last year I finally got her something that DIDN'T involve Star Wars (the year before that I gave her the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon, which she's still working on). Told her that she might've wanted something else for once, "hey, I love Star Wars, can't get enough Star Wars stuff".

So... I'm looking for a lightsaber/hilt this time. Actually I have noooo idea on what kind she'd like to have but I think her favorite movie of them all is Return of the Jedi. So maybe that'll get us somewhere.
I've read about a custom shop who had fair prices but reading comments about it made me step back, didn't seem to be quality builds, can't remember the name but you guys might know which shop I'm thinking of.

Budget: Around $250 + shipping, is that possible for a decent piece?
Style: I'm flexible, would be cool with a complete saber but a proper hilt > decent saber! I think she'd love a custom one but since I'm more of an Alien kind of guy, it would be hard to do.

Hit me! :)
Thanks!

I've bought several sabers from Ultrasabers and they have all been excellent. Delivered in a timely manner with good communication. They just released their new Archon v3.1 saber which is their take on Luke's from ROTJ. If you go with an LED and basic soundcard (that will have 1 set of sounds and no ability to customize) they cost between 235-250, plus shipping.

Custom Real Life FX Lightsabers | Real Life Lightsabers | Ultra Sabers

I have not bought from any other custom saber sellers. I at one time placed an order with another custom saber shop then never heard from them for 4 months. When I inquired about my order they told me it would be several weeks until they started on it, at which point they offered to refund my payment. I asked for the refund and then they promptly informed me that I would be "banned" from ever ordering from them again.

The Custom Saber Shop allows you to build your own hilt from their pre-made pieces. If you know how to do the wiring yourself you can also grab all the parts needed to make it light up.

The Custom Saber Shop

Saberforge and Parksabers both take several months to get you your order. I've heard it could take as long as 6 months. Ultrasabers are really quick but I've heard some sketchy things about their electronics. I think if you order from Saberforges etsy page, it's a lot quicker than ordering directly from their site. I know they have a ROTJ Luke saber called the Prodigal Son and you can order just the empty hilt for about $150.

Back