ADVICE! - Custom Commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazaro

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Being new to forum I've noticed most of the top quality 1/6 figures processed here were chosen by the community and most of the time imo are difficult to obtain unless you monitor here constantly to make the list.

If someone was seeking equal quality for a custom 1/6 full figure (hs, paint, tailoring, accessories, etc..) they'd like to commission, what would be their best route to take if their not already in the custom 1/6 network? There doesn't seem to be a updated directory here and it looks like the obvious heavy hitter artists are always busy on group projects.

please advise, just love this genre of art so much and would love to bring some of my favorites to life properly!!!

What are some of your interests? They may already be getting kicked around or have been tried and not made it past the interest step.

What are some of your interests? They may already be getting kicked around or have been tried and not made it past the interest step.

Thanks for the reply robbie!
I feel like I've wrapped my head around most of the ongoing projects here, they're all great although seem fully booked(at least the sick ones are).
In the interest threads the subjects aren't chosen specifically by one person. What I'm was asking is if someone could commission a single figure run from one source/artist/business, but it seems in all reality to do a single run you'd have to find/contact/commission out the work to separate artists for each aspect (hs, paint, tailoring, accessories, etc.), correct? So... my interest!! Of course my #1 which I've heard all over here but haven't seen anything created is JD and BTT as Mr.Duke and Dr.Gonzo in Fear Vegas(idk if your not supposed to write full titles in threads?)
fear-and-loathing.jpg

some I see were done but I have to figure out how to get :slap
lebowski.jpg
1370366266000-Will-Ferrell-1306041347_4_3.jpg

some I haven't seen and.... have to figure out how to get :slap
7jpnSJV9Ge19UQZ0t7RthMhjYWU.jpg
lead_960.jpg
robot
o-SUITS-facebook.jpg
suit

These are just some randoms I thought of right now, some of course are popular some are not.
What would you advise?

Duke is happening right now from KJun so I would keep an eye out for it. Im working on the glasses and a few accesories

I've looked into it as well and it's pretty scary when you want something done as a complete one-off.

Sometimes interest lists can stagnate or people hold off - but if there is a full figure for immediate sale at a reasonable price, people can be more inclined to purchase.
If you have the budget, you can commission an artist to make the sculpt and 10+ casts. Find a painter willing to paint 10 heads (this is no easy task - most are booked out). Then get your outfit made...again, 10+ is usually the minimum required for a decent price here.

Then you sell or trade the completed surplus figures. It requires a lot of up-front money, but each figure will likely be hundreds of dollars less than if you commissioned a one-off. This depends on the final quality I guess, I'm talking more for tailors like Yunsil or Gee-Whiz who have minimum order qty and price breaks.

Hope this helps a little.

Back