A quick Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkeyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tarkin 001.JPG

Tarkin 002.JPG

Hey everyone, here is a custom Grand Moff Tarkin I put together. I used the Tarkin 12" Hasbro figure with a ZCWO thin body and the head and hands from the Gentle Giant Grand Moff Tarkin Mini-Bust. I added some grey to the hair and eyebrows and painted the boots, belt, and insignia.

I need to color match the skin tone on the arms and hands a little better, but I do not think he looks too bad for a weekend project.

Yeah, I'll go hunting for a new pair to upgrade them. And if anyone knows the best mix for darkening flesh color, please share!

here is my custom of tarkin. I used a Hasbro imperial officer uniform dyed it with field grey paint mixed with water. I think sputrooper taught me the trick on how to do it. IMG_0069.jpg

That looks very nice. It's a surprisingly great sculpt for Hasbro, even if it's oversized and a little lacking in detail.

Even the Hasbro officer uniforms I've gotten to look pretty much as good as the SSC ones by dyeing and tailoring them.

here is my custom of tarkin. I used a Hasbro imperial officer uniform dyed it with field grey paint mixed with water. I think sputrooper taught me the trick on how to do it. View attachment 264318

I used Rit Dark Green dye, dipped the grey uniform about 30-50 seconds (in hot water) - produces to my eye the perfect green/grey combo. Tailored, I actually think it looks a little better than the SSC uniforms because it doesn't have the over-shoulder clipped lapel that's too thick.

Back