A heroic adventure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a collector. That's the reason why I'm here, and, mainly, I collect my favorite superheroes from the comics that I grew up collecting, and continue to collect. I've been an avid reader of comic books for many years, and my LCS was like a second home to me growing up. It was there that I met Curt Griffin. For a long time, he was just like me, a customer, and we became good friends through our common interest for several years.

Then, my local comic shop closed down. Curt continued to work at Blockbuster, but, a little while later, his dream came true, and he became the proud owner of his very own comic shop in quaint, little Massillon, Ohio: Heroic Adventures. Curt has been an active part of the community since the inception of his store, but he's made a lot of sacrifices and been through struggles in order to get things to where they are now. However, just when things started to look up, the worst happened. Having already beaten cancer once, the doctors found a spot on one of his lungs last year. The good news is that he has underwent eight months of chemotherapy and is on the road to recovery. However, even though significant progress has been made, the store is not lucrative enough to thrive amid his growing medical costs. The store has been his life.

That being said, Curt is not just a small business owner, but a very dear friend to me. To be honest, it was the thread for Irish Jedi's dog, Rocky, that inspired me to create this thread. I wish I could say that I donated, but things have been a little tough lately, but, anyway, it was the generosity that I saw that made me proud to be a member of this forum; the sense of community, and I felt that I needed to do my part for my friend and spread the word. His sister-in-law (and right-hand woman in running the comic shop) has started a site to take donations to help with his medical bills.

If you can help in any way, it would be much appreciated, as this has been very difficult for his friends and family. Thank you all so much.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/339038/

Last edited:
Back