1/6 Hot Toys - VGM62/62B - StarWars Legends : Darth Revan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The visor doesn’t bug me. It’s been wildly inconsistent in all art and game models I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s bigger, sometimes it’s smaller.
garret-aj-events-darthrevan.jpg

It looks like Revan has a wired cape. That’s awesome if true. I’ve found dynamic wired capes really bring a figure to life.

I’m also curious if/when Hot Toys will do a cheap and effective Light Side Revan.
garret-aj-events-jedirevan.jpg

The visor doesn’t bug me. It’s been wildly inconsistent in all art and game models I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s bigger, sometimes it’s smaller.
garret-aj-events-darthrevan.jpg

It looks like Revan has a wired cape. That’s awesome if true. I’ve found dynamic wired capes really bring a figure to life.

I’m also curious if/when Hot Toys will do a cheap and effective Light Side Revan.
garret-aj-events-jedirevan.jpg
But would you really want the main reference for long term canon to be a gestural/ smudgy painting?

I mean its to the point that, despite these both being key art from the same game, they both feature completely different masks. The inconsistency across versions is due to most of them using gestural, freer art styles, thus not doing things explicitly accurate (see most Star Wars comics, art, they very rarely get the details right unless they trace reference).

In their defence, these artists weren't even attempting to create art that would be used as canonical reference, so they shouldn't be cited as contrary examples.

The video game model has more clearly defined detail than almost all of the art referenced in this thread (It's the textures of the model we're looking at, not the polygons) and it's from the most important and only canonical source of Revan. Even the most well rendered official version of Revan, from the KOTOR remake trailer, is closest to that version.

This is probably the one chance we get at a figure of Revan (unless like you say, they knock out a quick light side version), so something better than Hot Toys previous comic style interpretations of non film content would be welcome.

But would you really want the main reference for long term canon to be a gestural/ smudgy painting?

I only used that as an example since it was readily available, but there’s plenty more official art with a larger visor.

ERcgsRHW4AADQO-.jpg

IMG-4548.jpg

I get it. There’s definitely art and models with the skinnier visor, and some will prefer that. I’ve always found the size and shape inconsistent and admittedly prefer the larger visor, so I’m rather satisfied with what we’re getting. I wouldn’t object if they made it smaller, but this was one of the fastest preorders I ever did upon seeing it and judging for myself if it met my standards.

I hope a third-party can appease those wanting the narrower slit. As stands, this remains a dream figure for me.

Back