1/6 Hot Toys - TMS128 - The Bad Batch: Imperial Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their site was SLOW, either interest was artisan Joker & Anakin level or someone at sideshow tripped on a network cable.

I completely forgot all about this one going up and did some overdue yard work…really wish these exclusives were 24 hour order window instead of the $#!+ show it is. Hopefully they make a more bulked up version down the road; in the meantime, congrats to all who got him and fingers crossed for waitlist conversion to the rest of us 🍻

Last edited:
Meanwhile since I am in Asia: casually mention to mrs yesterday that the new exclusive trooper is out in HK. Later that evening she goes on Chinese shopping app, sees a few listings at pretty much RRP and info that China/HK got 350 allotment. Orders one, says shipped this morning. Should have it in hand when I get back to the China apartment in couple days.

I feel for everyone struggling with the Sideshow queue BS. This really shows how high demand for even sub-par, tangentially EU related figures are in the West and how dead Star Wars as a brand (and how poorly HT overall) is in China mainland. Much like how when I walked into the Shanghai Hot Toys store there were several Umbra ARC troopers sat in stock at RRP when rest of the world they were sold out, this situation shows the demand in China mainland just isn't there, at least not for Star Wars.

Thanks to Chinese shopping app I also have 0-0-0 for about 30 dollars over HK RRP (so far cheaper than Sideshow's base price) Chrome Cody and gold chrome trooper also for tiny tiny bit over HK RRP, plus some other HT Star Wars non-exclusives for at or below HK RRP.
I am super lucky my trip to Asia coincided with the darkside event otherwise I would likely have missed out on most of the exclusives and overpaid for the rest... before even being hit with the excessive import taxes and handling fees on those inflated prices and shipping costs.

Also, I hate the Sideshow queue system.

Never again. Nope.

Way I look at it, this is $250+ more toward the PF Rex and HT can kiss my pale white .... I have left hobbies before over repeated unavailability of highly desired items and that can happen here too. I need to get more busy with my customs as well.

Back