1/6 bike sidecar Last Crusade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi fellow Indy fans,

I am thinking of buying a 1/6 motorbike with sidecar. The problem is, wich one should I buy?

Right now on ebay, they sell the BMW R75. Is this a good bike?

Thanks,

Best,

Robert

damn 53 views...no replies? No one owns this and has a tip?

It depends if you plan to modify the bike and if not, how much you will be satisfied with a bike that is not exactly like the movie bike. The make used is a Russian-made Dnepr, made to look like a German BMW sidecar, so off the bat, there are no 1/6 bikes exactly like the movie version. If you plan to modify a bike, I suggest the 21st Century German Sidecar, like what I used (see linked thread). Though getting one nowadays would cost more than what it went for originally, they're cheaper than the recently made BMW R75 models...again, that's if you plan to do some modification. Otherwise, the BMWs would be okay without any serious modification, except a repaint in medium green and maybe adding customized markings of the white shield emblems that appears on the right side and rear of the sidecar.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97754

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried to get the '21st Century German Sidecar' but it's only available in the US and that person does not ship internationally.

The BMW does look nice, but indeed pricey. What do think of this bike?

01.jpg

I haven't found a reseller yet.

I love your version. It has style!

thanks,

Robert

It depends if you plan to modify the bike and if not, how much you will be satisfied with a bike that is not exactly like the movie bike. The make used is a Russian-made Dnepr, made to look like a German BMW sidecar, so off the bat, there are no 1/6 bikes exactly like the movie version. If you plan to modify a bike, I suggest the 21st Century German Sidecar, like what I used (see linked thread). Though getting one nowadays would cost more than what it went for originally, they're cheaper than the recently made BMW R75 models...again, that's if you plan to do some modification. Otherwise, the BMWs would be okay without any serious modification, except a repaint in medium green and maybe adding customized markings of the white shield emblems that appears on the right side and rear of the sidecar.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97754

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the compliment! I think the new BMW models are very nice, much superior to the 21st Century versions because 21C simply didn't aquire permission from BMW and made their own interpretation. I don't own any of the newer bikes, but just by looking at them, the detailed, uncovered headlight is a must, since they Indy bike were not covered. Although those BMWs are works of art as they are (I'd love to keep one "as is"), you would also need to remove the containers and the bracket that holds the jerry can on the sidecar, and of course, the fabric flag cover on the spare. The bracket on the top of the sidecar, in front of the passenger seat, is "close enough" to the one on the movie version. As mentioned, a repaint in medium green would do. https://www.modelcars.com/model-master-enamel-medium-green-spray-fs34102.html Warning, though, repainting bikes can be difficult...at least it was for me.

PM me about the insignias.

Hi thanks,

for all the info. I have to obtain a bike first for an affordable price. Then I'll get back to you. I have to find a retailer selling this particular bike.

There is another option. What is your opinion on this one:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/Vintage-Hand-Made-Metal-Art-Bar-Decor-1-6-Motorcycle-w-Sidecar-BMW-R75-1940-/200672210838?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb8feef96

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the compliment! I think the new BMW models are very nice, much superior to the 21st Century versions because 21C simply didn't aquire permission from BMW and made their own interpretation. I don't own any of the newer bikes, but just by looking at them, the detailed, uncovered headlight is a must, since they Indy bike were not covered. Although those BMWs are works of art as they are (I'd love to keep one "as is"), you would also need to remove the containers and the bracket that holds the jerry can on the sidecar, and of course, the fabric flag cover on the spare. The bracket on the top of the sidecar, in front of the passenger seat, is "close enough" to the one on the movie version. As mentioned, a repaint in medium green would do. https://www.modelcars.com/model-master-enamel-medium-green-spray-fs34102.html Warning, though, repainting bikes can be difficult...at least it was for me.

PM me about the insignias.

Hi Robert,

Personally, I do not think those miniatures are any good as they're really intended to be decorative housewares. If I remember correctly, those models are made in India (or China) where there's a thriving metalcraft industry in which local artisans can transform scrap metal into relatively incredible sculptures; however, in my opinion they do not pass for even a loose level of acceptance in the 1/6 hobby (for example, in the late 1990s, I bought one of the earliest custom produced 1/6 Kubelwagens that was vacuum-formed and it looks terrible even when compared to Hasbro's original jeeps). The wheels on that metal motorcycle look too small, for example, and there's just an overall look of misshapenness that you would be doing a disservice to your Indy and Henry Jones, Sr. figures.

Thnx for your view on this. I'll try to find the other bike in stead. I hope toymodel has a reseller.

Back