Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Willow season 4/5 prep

I can see her likeness...very very close

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Shortened the face and worked on the cheeks.

I have no idea how to photograph this indoors without the light getting absorbed by the paint and washing out all the texture. I think it looks great in person, then I look at the photos and everything seems flat. These are the best photos I came up with, and the shadows and blurriness kill the detail on the nose and mouth. Sorry.

Wow, that's nice! I can't wait to see the full figure.
    Come on Sideshow, we need: GILES & XANDER 1:5 statues, more Buffy 1:6 figures especially Anya, Riley, Tara, & Dawn, Buffy dioramas, and Premium Formats are always nice...maybe a Faith/Willow/Giles/Xander!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    59 (100%)

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

I am still tweaking the sculpt but if it comes out well, yes, the plan is to make copies available. At my usual pace, that should be sometime in June.

J/K. I actually already have copies cast. I'm going to try to squeeze in painting up a couple over the weekend, so I'll have a couple painted and some raw or just primed. Should be back with better pictures in a week or so.

Thanks for the bump!

binky

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Here is the update I promised, just a little late (pretty good for me). I have 4 pieces available in this run. Two are primed, and two are painted and clear-coated (Testors Acryl (acrylic)). The primed heads are finished with Testors Acryl skin tone warm (a dark, flat, almost swarthy reddish flesh tone). All heads have been pre-drilled to fit on a SS Buck body, as these are still widely available, match the old Buffy figures, and are a pretty good match physique-wise to Willow. They have been rough-drilled, meaning, I drilled them tight - you will likely need to drill them out a little more to fit on your Buck without popping a blood vessel in your temple.

However, if you do prefer a non-drilled and/or unprimed (raw resin) head, let me know, the mold can support a few more casts, the only issue is I might need to order more resin so currently I am on the dregs of my existing supply, and the quality is hit and miss, so there might be a one-to-two week delay to get a new batch of resin.

This is a small run because I am moving on to different hairstyles, so more Willows may be coming (and suggestions still welcome).

Prices:

* Unpainted (primed or raw) - $22.50 shipped worldwide
    * Painted - $35.00 shipped worldwide

If you bought a Willow (Vampire) or a Gunn head from me previously, take off $2.50 for an unpainted head or $3.00 off a painted head.

Same as before, I make these to order and you donít PP me any funds until I PM you itís done, packed, and ready to ship. You can PP as normal purchase or friend to friend, no gift payments necessary. The 4 that are ready to go:

Thanks,

binky

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I would like a painted head. Actually, I would like both of them, but I guess that might be unfair.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    59 (100%)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Gonna have to redo my Season 8 Willow now lol. Great job Binky!
    Skadoosh!