Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default BOOM! Studios' Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Did anyone pick of Issue #1?

I think it's a good entry into a new series. I wasn't thrilled with what Dark Horse did with the name, but I have all of the confidence in Boom! Their MMPR is arguably perfection, IMO.

*SPOILERS*

I like the liberties they're taking (ie. Anya's intro, Dru being this season's Big Bad presumably).

Buckeye Nation
    Feedback
    15 (100%)

Oh man, just found this out by reading this and did some research. Although I'm not entirely caught up on the Buffy/Angel comics from Dark horse (I've been midway through season 9 + Angel and Faith for ages), it had always been my plan to catch up and continue. I liked how it was going.
    To hear Boom has the license has broken my heart. I actually hate what they've done to MMPR. Its pure fan-fiction and I suspect from what I've read that it being an alternate story to the original that it will aim to do the same with Buffy.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    So they've just rebooted the whole series back to high school, but set in the present day? Oh and they've basically erased the Buffy/Angel romance as his comic is already set in LA from the beginning?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Rabbit View Post
    Dark Horse was good up to season 8
    I would tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by choochoonesme View Post
    Oh man, just found this out by reading this and did some research. Although I'm not entirely caught up on the Buffy/Angel comics from Dark horse (I've been midway through season 9 + Angel and Faith for ages), it had always been my plan to catch up and continue. I liked how it was going.
    To hear Boom has the license has broken my heart. I actually hate what they've done to MMPR. Its pure fan-fiction and I suspect from what I've read that it being an alternate story to the original that it will aim to do the same with Buffy.
    Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I could not disagree more about Boom. I think what they've done with MMPR is the best thing to happen to that franchise in years. I absolutely love the run, along with Go Go. Beyond the Grid has been slow, but they'll change with Issue #40.

As for Buffy, I'm really liking it so far. Angel #0 was meh, but hoping the first issue will bounce back.

I like the reimagining of everything, just like they did with MMPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    So they've just rebooted the whole series back to high school, but set in the present day? Oh and they've basically erased the Buffy/Angel romance as his comic is already set in LA from the beginning?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's a reboot in present day. Exactly.

The Buffy/Angel romance hasn't started....yet. It may not, but I'm sure it will. They just introduced him last issue.