Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Any excitement for this one? I'm looking forward to it!

-Wide Open-world return with horses...definitely seems to be following the Origins trend.

-Two main characters: Alexios (Male) or Cassandra (Female) - Don't appear to be much details on whether you can "switch" playing them like the Frye's from SYNDICATE or you play through the game as either.

-Big battles...Ubisoft touts huge battle scenes...looks like this game takes place during the Greco-Persian Wars when Greece and Persia were battling. So famous Greeks we're likely to see are: Pericles, Leonidas, Themistocles, Herodotus (Historian), and possibly Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.

-This also looks to be the first game where a "Piece of Eden" will be a regular weapon for the character...the 'spear-point'. My guess is that this is eventually fashioned into a hidden blade.

-Since this game takes place way BEFORE Assassin's Creed Origins, it'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds. I'd like to see more with the First Civilization and the initial rebellious humans, perhaps this game will tell that tale. They need to introduce some actual, live "First Civ" Humans to guide their initial generations and who help sow the seeds for what will be the Assassins' Brotherhood.
    Last edited by Bardoon; 06-11-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Can't wait to play Ancient Greece. Odyssey wasn't on the level of Witcher 3 but it was leaps and bounds above anything ever made in the Assassins Creed series.
    ...actually made me sad to think about what could be if they remade games like Black Flag on the Origins engine!
    Looks like this was developed concurrently with Origins rather than as a developmental sequel. Will be interesting to see how they've incorporated whatever lessons learned from that game. (although I'm not entirely sure what they'd be since nothing really stood out as not working .... a few too many side quests were 'person X is missing!' )

Set a long way before Origins, I'm not sure how this is going to work with the Assassins Creed lore. Essentially there won't be a brotherhood or creed and you'll just be a random person adventuring I guess.

Freakazoid

Feedback
    2 (67%)
    so this takes place before Origins...before the Assassin's guild is created...so is this just going to be Assassin's Creed because of some Animus ********??

Super Freak
    Feedback
    That's why I mentioned the First Civilization. While your characters won't be "Assassins" per say...they will have the "roots" I believe...in which they battle tyranny, corruption, and those that seek absolute power through that of the "gods" (The Precursors and their technology). Given that this is during the Greco-Persian War, the "main baddie" might be Xerxes himself, who possibly invades Greece with the though of procuring these items, forcing the warring city-states (Sparta, Athens, etc.) to set aside their differences and band together to fight the invading Persians, all the while you see the usual historical characters working behind the scenes to get the "Pieces of Eden". Your characters are likely going to be of Assassin lineage (hence the Animus) and likely fight along their path and ideals, but aren't really "Assassins" in the modern-day Brotherhood sense.

I'm HOPEFUL we'll see this story involve MORE of the First Civilization and the initial Precursor Humans...perhaps have a few of them "still alive"...especially the First Civilization Humans who survived the Cataclysm that largely wiped out the First Civilization. Maybe surprise us with First Civilization Isu who survived...

Also keep in mind that the First Civilization's Capitoline Triad are named after Greek Gods (although their Roman names) - Jupiter (Zeus), Juno (Hera), and Minerva (Athena). So hopefully Ubisoft doesn't ignore the religious ties that the Greek society has to their gods (or in this case...perhaps the Isu themselves).

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Follow CallMeTheDoctor on Tumblr Visit CallMeTheDoctor's Instagram Channel
    Haven't finished Origins, but I liked it. The trident shot has me sold on this. Need more tridents in video games.

I figured it has nothing to do with THE Odyssey, it looks way better than Origins

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    'Medusa edition' available for pre-order from game stores.
    1/4 'legendary figurine' available directly from Ubisoft website store - interestingly it looks like they've separated the massive statue from the game this time and are selling only as a stand alone purchase.

Statue looks good but he looks like a pretty generic Greek soldier. I've owned multiple ARH statues before and this isn't unique.
    I regretted missing out on the 1/4 Bayek statue. He was quite unique looking. Don't need this one.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Vibrant colors and all, but... why, in the name of ****, do they look so damn brown? Altair was lighter for heaven's sake. Is this some Revisionist History type of ****? My suburnt grandpa and goddamn Cretan cousins look lighter than these guys. Jesus **** Ubisoft...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Hmmmm........well on one hand I LOVED Origins and this looks a lot like it, the fact that its only about a year since Origins release makes me nervous though as that's sort of the problem they had with a lot of their other releases: not enough time put into them. Still though after what they gave us with Origins I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.