Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Hmmmm........well on one hand I LOVED Origins and this looks a lot like it, the fact that its only about a year since Origins release makes me nervous though as that's sort of the problem they had with a lot of their other releases: not enough time put into them. Still though after what they gave us with Origins I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    They talked about this being in development for 3 years.
    Sounds like they developed this concurrently with Origins.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Really? I had no idea, I kinda fell off of the AC bandwagon after Black Flag (which I enjoyed) and only came back with Origins. That's good to know and gives me more confidence that this will be good, I enjoyed Origins more than any game I've played since Witcher 3.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    So... having three different editions wasn’t enough? They have to have ****ing five now?

Obviously, one is the “collector’s edition” of sorts. Then, you have the deluxe, which comes with the extra goody pack of skins and what not. Next, we’ve got the gold edition that only really seems to come with the season pass and a solitary mission? Oh, and a steel book. For $110, how is that value? What the hell?

The Ultimate edition is digital only and includes everything except... obviously the steel book and physical disc. Seriously, Ubisoft, pull your head out of your ass.
    "At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have revenge."

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I think retailers push for all the editions as well....they like the extra money.

I pre-ordered the Gold edition. I don't get many video games nowadays and I love the AC series so I don't mind paying a little extra. Also, AC Origins was a VERY full game and well worth even the standard edition price...something we see few and far between with most games nowadays since they count on DLC content to make extra cash and keep the original games slim because of it (except maybe for Nintendo...but they're starting to get into DLC too).

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    On the Ubisoft Australian store its A$1160 and they're apparently making 1900 of them.
    Seems way too expensive for the price and way too high an edition size.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Nah, I pass on that junk now. I've got them as part of AC sets in the past but ended up selling them all and not making too much off of them. They are pretty nice though and the paint is pretty good.