Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Before Watchmen

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Default Before Watchmen

It kicks off in June, but DC has already started a viral marketing campaign with the launch of newfrontiersman.net I just figured that we needed a thread in the right place now. I'd be much obliged if we could keep the ideological "DC vs. Alan Moore" arguments in the other thread.

Sig courtesy of Devil_666

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Meh. As a casual Watchmen fan I'm looking forward to it.

Can't wait to get my hands on the AH! covers.

God Hates Cowards MODERATOR
    Feedback
    12 (100%)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    I'm against DC doing this
    Agreed. It's not even a DC vs Moore thing for me. The original was perfect as was. No interest in sequels, prequels, or side tales.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Why be against it then? Just because you don't have an interest in it? I'll check it out, but I don't see how it would tarnish the original in any way.Whether this succeeds or fails, Watchmen will always be a masterpiece, and especially if you're one of those who don't read Before Watchmen, your experience wouldn't be affected anyway.

Sig courtesy of Devil_666

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Why be against it then? Just because you don't have an interest in it? I'll check it out, but I don't see how it would tarnish the original in any way.Whether this succeeds or fails, Watchmen will always be a masterpiece, and especially if you're one of those who don't read Before Watchmen, your experience wouldn't be affected anyway.
    Because it's a project that isn't born out of the type of originality the first was. This is DC slapping the milking machine on the original's utters. One could argue I'm a hypocrite because Marvel's been doing that for decades with their characters, but Watchmen's yarns were so tightly spun from the outset; it was a complete work with an ending, not an ongoing revolving around superhero character dynamic.

I don't buy that though. The original Watchmen serries/gn will always stand on it's own.

Just as the crap ass Halloween 4-RZ H2 have no affect on the greatness of Halloween.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILFACE View Post
    I don't buy that though. The original Watchmen serries/gn will always stand on it's own.

Just as the crap ass Halloween 4-RZ H2 have no affect on the greatness of Halloween.
    Those Halloween entries ride on the coattails of greatness. While the original remains great, its name, its saga, is affected which sucks. Watchmen was its own single entry for decades in comics. For me, it's sad to see that go away, and I don't see the point other than $$$. So ____ it.

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I'm going to read it just to see what they're purpose is with this book. I enjoyed the original, but feel it's a little overhyped the past few years.

Flamethrowers: Because someone once thought "I really want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Greatest Person Ever
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    The only new Watchmen title I'm interested in reading is Watchmen Babies.