Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sideshow Life-Size Boba Fett Statue

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-400301/

I see this is now shipping so I was just wondering if anyone here plans on picking one up. The first release was a disaster, but apparently they have gone back to correct some of the problems on this go around. The one they had on display at Comic-Con looked pretty good, but it's still not 100% screen accurate. I'd be anxious to see how the new release compares to the old one so if someone here on the forum is going to drop the big bucks to get this piece please be sure to show us pics.

I cannot fathom dropping that kind of money on this. I love it and think it looks pretty good, but it's about 4X overpriced, IMO

Yes, seeing as how their life size C-3PO was only $6,000, the increase of $2,500 more for this mostly fabric costume on a mannequin seems excessive.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Not sure someone would willingly announce that they dropped that kind of money on this overpriced statue.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Follow rnbuda On Twitter Add rnbuda on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by darth dennis View Post
    I cannot fathom dropping that kind of money on this. I love it and think it looks pretty good, but it's about 4X overpriced, IMO
    For a license collectible that is complex as Fett this isn't a bad price. You're looking at 7-8k for an accurate Fett and maybe cheaper if you know how to paint yourself. Then wait 4 years for everything to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbuda View Post
    For a license collectible that is complex as Fett this isn't a bad price. You're looking at 7-8k for an accurate Fett and maybe cheaper if you know how to paint yourself. Then wait 4 years for everything to be completed.
    Exactly. We all know it's a lot of money for this statue and it's probably overpriced, but if you've ever tried to build an accurate Fett you will quickly find that it can easily add up to $8-9k by the time you're done.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Follow rnbuda On Twitter Add rnbuda on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent72 View Post
    Exactly. We all know it's a lot of money for this statue and it's probably overpriced, but if you've ever tried to build an accurate Fett you will quickly find that it can easily add up to $8-9k by the time you're done.
    I can contest to that as being 100% accurate...

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    I own the original and the only problem i had was that the neck was too long but it was the easiest fix as i just too out the pvc pipe that the helmet stood on and cut it an inch. It looked great after that. I also tucked some paper towels into the shoulders and arms to add a little bulk but that was It. I don't see them making any changes to it maybe just the neck, cause if they did the ones who got the original would be upset at the new changes, at least i know I would be.

Do you have pics of yours after the modifications?

I ordered one of the first runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk