Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Default Re: Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMinusZero View Post
    The sculpt of the helmet is pretty disappointing. A true idealized ROTJ helmet is the model used in the EA BattleFront game. These helmets are just, I don't even know what they're supposed to be based on. It's like they decided to do an amalgam of all the OT Stormtrooper helmets.
    Yeah I think the proto - even though still far from a strong likeness to the ROTJ helmet - was closer. The shape really looks nothing like ROTJ and the overpaint of the mouth seemed more noticeable in the proto, which is the key ROTJ identifier.

HT's first (ANH) stormie was miles from being accurate to either ANH stunt or hero (it actually looks mostly like a better painted version of the old Sideshow stormie helmet from 6 years earlier) so not sure why anyone would be expecting them to nail the unusual distortions of the ROTJ helmet.

It's like when people say they want an ESB Chewy from HT... when every previous version of Chewy looks like the same bad taxidermy cat, just with the face reglued a bit. The ANH version is decent/okay (and can be made really good with mods,) but the others are just road-kill bad, so asking for an ESB-specific version as if HT can do it is just silly.

What this release does prove is that no company is ever going to really nail the stormie helmet in 1/6 - that kind of accuracy belongs to custom figures.

That being said, can't wait to have one of these in-hand. If you get over the helmet sculpt inaccuracy, it's still a very nicely done "generic stormie" and the armor is beautifully done (just as the ANH was too.)
    "Star Wars" - The Tribune - June 1977

Super Freak
    Feedback
    The original prototype looks more like the ROTJ one. As already pointed out, this is the idealized version. Who knows, maybe Hts will do a true ROTJ version down the toad
    POs: 1/6: MudTrooper; JohnWick; GuanYuDX; Stormtrooper; DarthMaulDX; GellertGrindelwald; ZhangFeiDX; CommanderCody; WarMachineMk4; Gandalf; ZhugeLiangDX; IronManMk85 MovieRealization: FOTrooper; KyloRen Others: BlitzwingDLX; OptimusDLX

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankbaitJon View Post
    The original prototype looks more like the ROTJ one. As already pointed out, this is the idealized version. Who knows, maybe Hts will do a true ROTJ version down the toad
    Yeah, maybe they can nail that.

"Star Wars" - The Tribune - June 1977

Can not wait for video reviews of these troopers.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Used rewards and a coupon to order a third trooper. May get a fourth for a small squad. Really like how these turned out. Improved articulation should make for some good fun with four of them.

& my first one just arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by creasy View Post
    & my first one just arrived

from Hong Kong!!wooot

No reviews yet...maybe later today

A few rough shots, itís a lot more weathered than it looked in the official photos.
    Itís got loads of small weathering details all over, really impressive straight out the box.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by creasy View Post

Freckles Stormtrooper
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    Collection ◄ ◄ ◄ ► ► ► Feedback