Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

I picked up the Tamashii R2 and part of the appeal is that it 'matches' Tamashii 3PO. In that respect I'm happy with it.

Looking at the pics though, HT have done a better job. Tamashii's panel notches were a stupid decision, the prominent rivets unnecessary and the glossy plastic dome disappointing.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I saw both the TFA R2 and the Tamashi R2 in person at last year's SW celebration. The guys at the bandai booth even let me hold him. The HT looked far better to me. Funny thing was the Tamashi looked more plasticky than the HT, even though the body was metal. Probably because of the ultra clean bright white they chose over a weathered paint job.

I'm really looking forward to this little guy. I was tempted to get the TFA, but new better to wait for something like this. Plus I never liked the weathering on the HT TFA dome. To me it looks more like rusting than dirt and wear.

I bought the HT TFA and have already ordered this one. I also already have 2 of the Sideshow because I bought a second on sale for around a hundred bucks. I suppose one of the Sideshows can sport the drink tray and I now intend to eventually try to customize the other into dirty dagobah R2(see Craig Walker's custom thread for inspiration)
    "He's not my Luke Skywalker" Mark Hamill

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    That's what I'm gonna do. Probably not worth selling my SS R2, so I'll put the drink tray on him, which otherwise most likely would've never left the box.