Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default WIP: 1/6 TruScale Bespin Gantry I AM YOUR FATHER DIORAMA ENVIRONMENT for BESTA

Today marks the start of a new diorama design. I am very excited about it! The Bespin Gantry diorama has been much requested and not surprisingly so of course. The Cloud City Duel is the most iconic scene of all Star Wars movies, the most quoted dialogue, and it is the emotional and dramatic climax of the original trilogy: That duel between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker on the windy Bespin Gantry where Vader reveals *SPOILER ALERT* that he is Luke's father... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/prod...a-stuva-besta/

1/6 scale TruScale prototyping
    Now comes the hard part and the fun part! Creating a 3D model, while figuring out which parts to include, which parts to exclude. But we also need to figure out how to make it. Because we do such very limited runs, it's impossible to make a plastic injection mold and just produce a thousand of more plastic parts like Sideshow or Hot Toys would do. Our runs are usually no more than 50 pieces, so making a $50,000 mold is out of the question. But that is the fun part!

Quality materials and details in very Limited Edition
    How do you make a detailed and high quality diorama that can be produced 50 times at a reasonable cost. That takes some thinking, planning and engineering. So, even though today marks the start of that process, it'll be a few months yet before we have a working prototype to show you. Please be patient and bear with us!

The first images
    Just imagine your Hot Toys DX07 Luke Skywalker battling it out in 1/6 scale with the upcoming Empire Strikes Back Hot Toys Darth Vader on this beautiful and iconic gantry!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	692 
Size:	430.2 KB 
ID:	399088[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by JazzInc; 03-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    35 (100%)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Can't wait for the first prototype reveal
    WANTED PT ERA: Count Dooku / AOTC Anakin / AOTC Padmé (Geonosis)
    WANTED OT ERA: Cassian Andor / Director Krennic / Baze Malbus
    WANTED ST ERA: Poe Dameron (Pilot) / General Hux / Poe Dameron (Jakku)

Are you on the square?
    Feedback
    45 (100%)
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

This is what I've been waiting for! Will there be an ultimate version? How long will the bridge be? Will there be a background? How about the before and after damaged piece (from vaders lightsaber)? How about the hole backdrop that luke *falls* into for the flooring? Will there be 1/6 fans and pillows? (jk). Can we light the backdrop, like we could with the deathstar having light reflected off white plastic? How about light up feature, (though there isnt much), neeedless to say, I'm very stoked for this.

Ok breathe.....

For me this is what made star wars special, if it hadnt been for this one scene, i probably wouldnt be collecting toys in my 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by medicomsucks View Post
    This is what I've been waiting for! Will there be an ultimate version? How long will the bridge be? Will there be a background? How about the before and after damaged piece (from vaders lightsaber)? How about the hole backdrop that luke *falls* into for the flooring? Will there be 1/6 fans and pillows? (jk). Can we light the backdrop, like we could with the deathstar having light reflected off white plastic? How about light up feature, (though there isnt much), neeedless to say, I'm very stoked for this.

Ok breathe.....

For me this is what made star wars special, if it hadnt been for this one scene, i probably wouldnt be collecting toys in my 40s.
    thanks for your excitement! The Truscale version will be the platform. That’ll just fit inside an ikea Besta/Stuva. The ultimate version will add the extension Luke crawls on to. There will be a background, the blue pattern like the movie. And I want to try to offer the cut off tubes as an exchangeable extra. Don’t know about light up yet.

I have limited edition numbers 002-010 reserved for the first preorders. First come first serve.

Fear - Path to Bark Side
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    In. Waiting for this one.
    http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL755/2599102/24675731/413615089.jpg
    Click >> Video or Build Thread

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Count me in as well! I sent you an e-mail with my confirmation. I'm in for the TruScale but will also stay on the lookout for an Ultimate.