Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hasbro TFA 12" C3PO figure

Does anyone own one of these? Just wondering what the scale is like compared to the HT SSC versions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	331065
    Pre orders : Tamashi Nations R2D2, HT Princess Leia Hoth, SSC Bossk, SSC Zuckuss, SSC Dengar, Hot Toys Jedi Luke, Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin.

It's decent for the price. Considering this was $30 for a 3-pack (w/an R4 unit and BB-8), it is nowhere near the quality of Hot Toys/Sideshow figures. However, it is comparable to the old Hasbro 12" C-3PO figures (albeit without the vac-molded gold plating). The articulation is pretty limited, but good enough for most C-3PO poses. If you can get it for $10 or so (or get it in the 3-pack), I'd say it's worth it - I'm happy with my purchase. It is great for filling out a diorama/display and you could easily paint it to add some protocol droid diversity in your collection. It stands a bit shorter than most 12" figures (I think it stands 11.5" tall, if I recall correctly)
    The scariest thing that I've ever seen, is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
    It's as big as a house on moving legs, and whatever it steps on, it crushes like eggs.

It's a pretty nice little figure, actually much better sculpt than the older 12" figure. But it's way too short to stand with the HT/SSC figures. I posted some comparison pics a long time ago in the Hasbro Appreciation thread if i remember correctly.

It is a cool little set of figures though!i let my 2 year old daughterp lay with him all the time!

Crappy cellphone pics :

With Ssideshow R2

Name:	C.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	958.6 KB 
ID:	331107

With HT Chewy

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	1,017.6 KB 
ID:	331108

With HT Rey. That's the BB-8 that came with 3PO in the 3-pack.

Name:	B.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	986.3 KB 
ID:	331109

It's a really very nicely done 3PO actually. The shortness makes him tough to display among HT and SSC figs, but as a standalone $20 fig, it's very well done and a great deal.

I'm repainting mine and using him as backpack 3PO.

I was just closely looking at ref pics of 3PO in the Chewy backpack and 3PO has two right hands/arms (right arm attached to body, and another severed right arm loose in the bag/pack) in most shots, and Chewy almost steps on a what is clearly a large cockroach while carrying 3PO. So many SW bloopers nobody has even found yet.

Thanks all for your comments and pics

I think I'm going to pick one up and use him as a "Chewy Backpack" 3PO. BB-8 looks a decent scale to put next to HT figures.

Never noticed that about the 2 x right arms Talibane, or the cockroach I'll have to take another look!
    Pre orders : Tamashi Nations R2D2, HT Princess Leia Hoth, SSC Bossk, SSC Zuckuss, SSC Dengar, Hot Toys Jedi Luke, Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin.

Freakazoid

Feedback
    Current Pre-orders:
    Bandai Movie Realization Jango Fett; Darth Maul; Shadow Trooper
    Bandai Gundam Fix Figuaration Metal Composite Wing Zero EW

Quote Originally Posted by CrankbaitJon View Post
    How close to scale is that R4 unit?
    Haven't opened my 3 pack yet but from the picture above it looks spot on to the SSC R2 which means just slightly off scale to HT and 100% passable in a display or dio.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankbaitJon View Post
    How close to scale is that R4 unit?
    Compared to the Sideshow R2 it's very close. Almost the same size. Really indistinguishable, shoulder height-wise.

Sean