Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 339 of 343 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3421
  1. #3381

    Default Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

    Quote Originally Posted by The Autistic Asexual View Post
    Either Edrio or Benthic Two-Tubes would make EXCELLENT Hot Toys figures!
    Can you imagine how awesome he would look the shelf with that costume and rifle !

  2. #3382
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoody999 View Post
    Can you imagine how awesome he would look the shelf with that costume and rifle !
    I just don't see why Hot Toys won't release an action figure of Pao or one of the Two-Tubes brothers.

  3. #3383
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lost'n Jealous, CA
    Posts
    2,102
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoody999 View Post
    Can you imagine how awesome he would look the shelf with that costume and rifle !
    “Why no love for Benthic and Edrio Two-tubes?”

  4. #3384
    Last Son Of Krypton
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Where else?
    Posts
    14,223
    Feedback
    73 (100%)
    Reputation
    Follow Username On Twitter Add Username on Facebook Visit Username's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by The Autistic Asexual View Post
    I just don't see why Hot Toys won't release an action figure of Pao or one of the Two-Tubes brothers.
    They might be low-sellers. That's why.
    Well, they're not scared of dying. They're just scared of looking bad on tv...

  5. #3385
    I wonder how that Spider-Punk sold.
    POed: MMS477 Obi-Wan Kenobi, DX16 Darth Maul, MMS494 Patrol Trooper

  6. #3386
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    They might be low-sellers. That's why.
    Exactly "might". So why not take the might out of the equation.

    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

    These are exactly the type of figures HT should be putting out to fan choice vote with say 2-3 other figures. Then with the most popular voted figure, crowd source it like Hasbro did with the Jaba Sail Barge (Haslab project). People put in a deposit to cover some of the up front costs etc

    Therefore Fans get what they want, it's crowd funded so HT have no financial risk.

    Win-Win. They could even make an event of it. One per year for Star Wars, Marvel and DC ?

    But no, that's too market savvy for HT.


    They wouldn't even need to do the whole crowd sourcing thing. Just do a vote to determine interest and id be happy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #3387
    Last Son Of Krypton
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Where else?
    Posts
    14,223
    Feedback
    73 (100%)
    Reputation
    Follow Username On Twitter Add Username on Facebook Visit Username's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoody999 View Post
    Exactly "might". So why not take the might out of the equation.

    These are exactly the type of figures HT should be putting out to fan choice vote with say 2-3 other figures. Then with the most popular voted figure, crowd source it like Hasbro did with the Jaba Sail Barge (Haslab project). People put in a deposit to cover some of the up front costs etc

    Therefore Fans get what they want, it's crowd funded so HT have no financial risk.

    Win-Win. They could even make an event of it. One per year for Star Wars, Marvel and DC ?

    But no, that's too market savvy for HT.
    I used to work for a garage model kit business in the US, and any time i showed a master pattern of a kit i worked on, there were literally hundreds of people who sprang up to confirm they would absolutely buy said kit once it was produced.
    The sad truth is that of all the people who say they *will* buy one, less than one in ten actually will pony up the cash for said product.
    It's not anyone's fault. We all live in the real world and there are times that real world bills surface and you don't have the cash this month, for whatever reason.

    There's also a problem(Which is hugely seen on this forum, in almost every thread), and that is one of customer entitlement.
    I'm not attacking anyone about this subject. Anyone who makes these posts knows who they are, and i agree that the customer has a right to what they paid for. But on here, when the inevitable delays start to happen, people start to whine and moan about how long these things are taking. To my mind, it takes as long as it takes, and shortening the time results in a worse product. But time after time, in thread after thread, people are moaning "Where's my Obi-Wan?!?!"(Or similar), when the originally projected date has come and gone.

    I can only imagine how much worse it would be on some fan-poll figure that people pre-ordered a year ago and hasn't arrived yet.
    Trust me, the first time HT did such a thing would be the last time. It never works. Fans would just get upset over the time it takes, but would have oh-so-much-more entitlement about any delay. And also, the people who would simply cancel after a while. It makes my blood boil when people ask on the forum "Where can i pre-order without an NRD?" They are just saying "I want it now, but want to cancel in 4 months time when i don't care about this character any more".
    Once again, i'm not attacking anyone. Just commenting from my own experience in providing niche product for fans of such.
    Well, they're not scared of dying. They're just scared of looking bad on tv...

  8. #3388
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I used to work for a garage model kit business in the US, and any time i showed a master pattern of a kit i worked on, there were literally hundreds of people who sprang up to confirm they would absolutely buy said kit once it was produced.
    The sad truth is that of all the people who say they *will* buy one, less than one in ten actually will pony up the cash for said product.
    It's not anyone's fault. We all live in the real world and there are times that real world bills surface and you don't have the cash this month, for whatever reason.

    There's also a problem(Which is hugely seen on this forum, in almost every thread), and that is one of customer entitlement.
    I'm not attacking anyone about this subject. Anyone who makes these posts knows who they are, and i agree that the customer has a right to what they paid for. But on here, when the inevitable delays start to happen, people start to whine and moan about how long these things are taking. To my mind, it takes as long as it takes, and shortening the time results in a worse product. But time after time, in thread after thread, people are moaning "Where's my Obi-Wan?!?!"(Or similar), when the originally projected date has come and gone.

    I can only imagine how much worse it would be on some fan-poll figure that people pre-ordered a year ago and hasn't arrived yet.
    Trust me, the first time HT did such a thing would be the last time. It never works. Fans would just get upset over the time it takes, but would have oh-so-much-more entitlement about any delay. And also, the people who would simply cancel after a while. It makes my blood boil when people ask on the forum "Where can i pre-order without an NRD?" They are just saying "I want it now, but want to cancel in 4 months time when i don't care about this character any more".
    Once again, i'm not attacking anyone. Just commenting from my own experience in providing niche product for fans of such.
    Easily overcome. Just make the NRD half the price of the figure and you'll only get the interested people. That's like $100.

    As far as lead times, i would say HT have a pretty good handle on how long it takes to make a figure. They do it EVERY day. So they can easily specify upfront exactly when it will be ready. They wouldn't want to fail on one like this, so it would be on time. How many HT figures are late anyway ? 10% ?

    Easy issues really.

  9. #3389
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    1,781
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Reputation
    Visit ArtDamage's Instagram Channel
    I agree with both points here. I do wonder though if Disney's approval would hold up or prevent such an endeavor. Neither of the tube bros are heavily represented in merchandise it seems. Possible Disney just doesn't see them as priority characters to push with merchandising.

  10. #3390
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtDamage View Post
    I agree with both points here. I do wonder though if Disney's approval would hold up or prevent such an endeavor. Neither of the tube bros are heavily represented in merchandise it seems. Possible Disney just doesn't see them as priority characters to push with merchandising.
    I'm pretty sure Disney would be mainly interested in what HT releases from films about to come out.

    OT, PT or past films is up to Hot Toys discretion. If HT want to do a Sy Snootles, I don't think Disney will be very involved or say no you can't do that.

Similar Threads

  1. 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: DEATH TROOPER Specialist (Deluxe)
    By Wor-Gar in forum Star Wars-action figures
    Replies: 950
    Last Post: Yesterday, 10:50 PM
  2. Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389
    By TonTon in forum Star Wars-action figures
    Replies: 974
    Last Post: Yesterday, 08:51 PM
  3. Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388
    By TonTon in forum Star Wars-action figures
    Replies: 4864
    Last Post: 05-21-2019, 02:27 AM
  4. Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393
    By somethingbrite in forum Star Wars-action figures
    Replies: 524
    Last Post: 01-24-2019, 12:16 PM
  5. 1/6: Hot Toys Rogue One: Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol
    By Wor-Gar in forum Star Wars-action figures
    Replies: 311
    Last Post: 07-20-2017, 08:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •