SDCC Attendees: Are You Married or Not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since I would love to go to SDCC but family obligations won't allow me to attend, I was curious to see of those of you that are going to SDCC, who among you are married men? :monkey5 :D :monkey5

Last edited:
yawn.jpg

My wife really wants to go but our youngest child is too small to leave behind for a few days. We hope that she can come next year, but this time I'm going without her. (With her approval, of course.)

:monkey2

Well I ain't married (yet) but I am engaged but the soon to be misses actually is bummed about me and my friends going. This year it was bro's before ho's. Next year everybody is going. My best friend's wife actually likes to go too. There is something for everyone there. So yeah I was allowed to go. :monkey3

I'm married and both of us really want to go. It's just not in the feasible right now. We're both hoping for next year.

Sorry folks. I just realised that the "No" is poorly worded. It is just for people not married who are attending. I wrote it to sound like you want to go but your "better half" won't let you. Sorry, its my first poll. :D

pixletwin said:
Sorry folks. I just realised that the "No" is poorly worded. It is just for people not married who are attending. I wrote it to sound like you want to go but your "better half" won't let you. Sorry, its my first poll. :D
That's it! You're fired!

Yes, my wife is letting me go. She is conserned about finances though and does not want me to buy anything!!! We are on a pretty strict budget, which will end in September. I am glad I "get" to go.

I really wanted to go, but due to finances could not attend this year. Next year is up in the air.... It'll be only a few months after my wedding and honeymoon... so, I'll have to do some tricky money management if I intend on going... which looks like I won't.

But thankfully my future wife understands and wants me to be able to go the year after, when I will bring her into my strange little world and see how she reacts.... :horror

:rotfl

I'd like to go this year but with some other investments I've made, the cash just isn't there. But hopefully these investments make me some major cizzash and I'll be able to attend next year.

People frequently attend with their small children in tow. I can't count the number of times a huge stroller was using up valuable convention floor space while I was trying to get some place in a hurry.

Darklord Dave said:
People frequently attend with their small children in tow. I can't count the number of times a huge stroller was using up valuable convention floor space while I was trying to get some place in a hurry.

Especially on Friday and Saturday (Saturday being probably the biggest day of attendence). It's freaking insane!!! :google :google

Though my favorite are the folks in the powered cart/seat contraptions. Never fails that at least one of them is yelling at people to get out of the way so they could get where they want faster than the rest of us. Why do you (the person with wheels) suddenly get a pass? Maybe being a little more patient and going the same speed as everyone else isn't too much of a bad thing. I wouldn't normally be annoyed by someone wanting to get through but when a HUGE crowd is on the exhibit floor and there's no where to go expect shove into people or into a crowded booth (to get enough room for the person to pass) then yes the staff wants to come out and the words "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" want to escape my mouth. :lol

When I do get married, if she doesn't let me go, I'll just have to go searching for a new wife. :chew :chew

I wish I could attend this. Have been living through other peoples pics for years now. Gonna have to make it a priority one of these years. not sure if Ill bring my girl though, think it would be better suited for just the guys trip.

Back