Drive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't find a thread on this, if this is a duplicate please delete. Anyone excited for this?

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I was checking out a 'Top 10' list of movies yet to be released this year and this made it. I'm really enjoying the trailer. I might just 'bite' and go see it in theaters.

Yeah this looks good. But there appears to be a chase scene involving the new 5.0 Mustang, so I'm a bit biased.

Are they trying to pass off Ryan Gosling as The Transporter????

Looks good, but yea, Jason Statham should be staring.

this film is getting absurdly high critical praise...I'm in for opening night!

Yeah one of my movie mags says this is the best thing to come out of 2011 so pretty excited about this also :)

This film looks way above Statham! I cant stand that guy :monkey4

Gosling + Cranston = EPIC!!!

I am getting very excited for this movie now! I am now also surprised by the lack of interest. I have a sneaky feeling this could well be my film of 2011

Picked up my monthly movie mag (total film) and they are raving about it! Here are some snippets that is getting me so excited

As the camera scuds between twinkling skyscrapers in downtown LA, credits of the hottest pink light up a widescreen sky of the blackest velvet and a Euro-electro score pulses, pulses, pulses. This, immediately, is the world of 80's Michael Mann movies.

Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn has here made an explosive action movie that got Cannes critics whooping in the aisles.

Dressed in aviator shades, driving gloves and a satin racing jacket emblazoned, tellingly, with a scorpion, his Driver may be blank-faced cut-out deprived of the barest hint of backstory, but he is an intriguing, mesmerising blank-faced cut-out - the kind of amoral, dysfunctional anti-hero that so often becomes a poster boy. Might he register as this generation's Man With No Name, their Travis Bickle?

All sounds pretty awesome to me! Add to that Gosling who imo hasn't made a bad movie yet and is rapidly becoming one of my favourite actors

:rock2 love this poster!!!

drive-poster05.jpg

This is not a trailer but a very intense 2 minute getaway clip

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQ2qOeoE88"]'Drive' - Official Movie Trailer - (2011) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9J4R4KYv-s"]DRIVE - Official Soundtrack Preview - Songs from the Film - YouTube[/ame]

I saw Drive tonight, I BEG Hot Toys to make a Gosling 12". Blood stained jacket with hammer! How awesome would that be??

Excellent movie! I see a new auteur in the making along the lines of Tarantino with Winding Refn.

Just as Tarantino does Refn takes movie tropes from the past and spins them, using them in new and exciting ways. It's very reminiscent of 80s action movies such as Thief and To Live and Die in LA, but I also thought of Risky Business while watching it.

I've enjoyed most action movies, but something like this really shows how weak something like the recent Mechanic remake or The Transporter series really are.

There's barely any dialogue in the film from the 2 stars, but Gosling and Mulligan say so much with their body language and faces that it's like they give oscar worthy performances without saying anything. Albert Brooks, Ron Perlman and the Breaking Bad guy are also fantastic. Can't recommend this film highly enough.

Excellent movie! I see a new auteur in the making along the lines of Tarantino with Winding Refn.

Just as Tarantino does Refn takes movie tropes from the past and spins them, using them in new and exciting ways. It's very reminiscent of 80s action movies such as Thief and To Live and Die in LA, but I also thought of Risky Business while watching it.

I've enjoyed most action movies, but something like this really shows how weak something like the recent Mechanic remake or The Transporter series really are.

There's barely any dialogue in the film from the 2 stars, but Gosling and Mulligan say so much with their body language and faces that it's like they give oscar worthy performances without saying anything. Albert Brooks, Ron Perlman and the Breaking Bad guy are also fantastic. Can't recommend this film highly enough.

:panic: I am wishing my life away waiting for next Friday :gah:

Bryan Cranston is the BB dude and what a magnificent actor he is

I am getting by with listening to the soundtrack, how did that sit within the film Dave?

Back