Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Zero

Super Freak
Reaction score
How many peeps out there having problems with the rubber fading? I just started to unbox my IM collection and found out that my MISB BD had faded diaper :mad::gah: I also read that this is a problem with the newer IM's. How have you guys avoided or fixed this problem?

This really has me thinking of getting rid of all my IM's before they all turn pink!

My original Mark III had it. I sold that and haven't bought any other Iron Mans. I'd be surprised if its not an issue with the other ones. Plus it happened to mine in Ireland, with no extremes of climate. I expect it could only be exacerbated/accelerated in hotter countries

None with mine either. They're not in direct sunlight and, out of the box, I put mine in one pose, then on the stand and that's how they have stayed. I don't do any excessive handling of any of my IM's.

So far it's only been my BD MKIII the others are good. I have no sunlight shinning in and I have been using only led bulbs as my light source in the room. Thinking it was leaving it in the box that caused it.

Anyone know how I can go about fixing my IM? I just don't want to go out and buy another.

Nope and mine have been in some pretty extreme conditions. Hot, cold, humidity, dry, and some sun. Not been in a box since day one.

i recently bought a sealed battle damaged mark iii, it had fading issues and had never been opened, got it for a good price tho, is there anything we can do to remedy this fading issue ?

Wait a minute. Has "leaving them in the box been an issue? Mine are all in the box, never removed. Did I miss something? :(

You better hope not. I just opened mine the other night and it was faded. I went ahead and opened all of them just to make sure.

I think I remember reading that it can accelerate the fading problem :dunno

My BD mark III has slight fading, he's on display in a room with no direct sunlight. It's only very slight.

However my Mark VI straight out of the box had noticable fading on his left hip. The paint had actually been absorbed by the plastic casing that holds him in the box (leaving a section of the case slightly pink), normally the plastic casing in a hot toys box is clear or black but with the mark vi the section that holds the figure is made from white plastic, the white seems to draw out the red. So yeah if your planning on keeping him stored I'd suggest trying to remove the white section from the case. Or wrap the figure in some sort of non absorbant material/cloth.

I heard some people talking about a Car touch up pen being used to fix the fading?

Last edited:
Mark IV and VI are fine, though i keep them in a room that's dark most of the time

But when it gets hot here, IT REALLY GETS HOT HERE! hasn't affected the figure yet.

(knock on wood)

What is fading on the Mark IV? The Mark IV don't have any rubber? Any Pictures so i know what people are talking about?

Back