Action Figure GI JOE Kitbash Parts Help and Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Post here if you need help or have ideas for loose parts for GI JOE themed kit bashes.

To start it off, I'll throw a few questions out there. I am looking to bash a Law and Order.

Anyone have a suggestion for the vest and what kind of shoulder holster do you recommend?

Last edited:
Re: GI JOE Kitbash Parts Help Thread

I see the idea here bud, but I think everything will get lost in the chaos. :(

I've asked for a custom sub-section bfore but there's just not enough activity down here to warrant one. :dunno

Off the top of my head you can get WWII shoulder holsters at Toy Angst or the Monkey, just paint it black. And for the vest... Hasbro Hoth Luke vest? That might bleach nicely but it's got fake snow all over it. Something like this would be good too if you could remove the color:

https://www.toyanxiety.com/duaneusmccamovest.aspx

Edit:
T-1000 Jacket, '86 the sleeves and paint it. That material would paint up pretty well. Has the badge too. ...A badge at least.

Last edited:

To start it off, I'll throw a few questions out there. I am looking to bash a Law and Order.

Anyone have a suggestion for the vest and what kind of shoulder holster do you recommend?

I am real new to all this, but I just bought an America's finest SWAT officer for a Firefly custom and he has a real nice vest that might fit the bill.

Maybe if it pops up once in a while it would be nice. Lots of helpful peeps.

I hear ya. As for L&O, I'd probably start by picking up one of the modern K-9 MP figures and stripping them down. You can probably sell the ACU stuff which'd easily cover the plain clothes you'd need.

Disagree. I need to get drake to send me some pics of his custom slaughter.

GRANTED thrawn needs some shaving and hair resulpting to work as Slaughter, but her makes an awesome one.

Ski's is ok, but I prefer the thrawn sculpt

Disagree. I need to get drake to send me some pics of his custom slaughter.

GRANTED thrawn needs some shaving and hair resulpting to work as Slaughter, but her makes an awesome one.

Ski's is ok, but I prefer the thrawn sculpt

head.jpg
sgt-slaughter280x3_1160601a.jpg

I don't see it. :dunno Even less so when you see Skiman's great fleshed job:

109_1499.jpg

Hang on, I'll see if i can get drake to send me some pics.
Also, who's the blonde guy?

Beyond a flesh-painted thrawn i mean.

Works REALLY well actually. here, crappy cellphone pic, but Thrawn as Sarge
222.jpg

He's still resculpting hte hair. ATM it's just a painted-on test.

Last edited:

another pic... though here he looks more Bazooka than sarge...
221.jpg

Last edited:

OMG! INVISIBLE PAINTS! :panic:

You're gonna have to upload the pics up to your photobucket account bud, unless you wanna give us your ID and PW to log into your email and see. :lol

Back