Why is Der Kindestod so expensive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonv808

Super Freak
Reaction score
I see a bunch of Buffy/Angel 1/6 figures dirt cheap on ebay and amazon, but Der Kindestod's price is through the roof. I would like to eventually get this figure but I don't want to pay 180.00 for it. Can anyone tell me why it is so high in price?

If I recall correctly, it came out towards the end of the line when edition sizes were shrinking, so there weren't nearly as many made as those earlier releases that can be had cheap.

I saw those. I don't want to pay 100 for it (it's not a sideshow jason or freddy afterall). I don't know how to place a head on a new body so the other one doesn't work for me either.

I saw those. I don't want to pay 100 for it (it's not a sideshow jason or freddy afterall). I don't know how to place a head on a new body so the other one doesn't work for me either.

Swapping heads is extremely easy. Use a hair dryer to heat the head for about a minute or two, or immerse the head in near boiling water for a similar amount of time. Pull gently and it will pop right off then push it onto the new body. Its one of their best figures.

Anzik is correct. Replacing a head is super easy. I use the hairdryer route. Just takes a minute on heat to get that baby off/on.

I remember when DK was as popular as Willow. You could buy it for $25 on clearance. As far as monsters go, he was okay. But a more iconic bad guy (Adam, Glory, Caleb) would've been so much better.

Last edited:
I remember when DK was as popular as Willow. You could buy it for $25 on clearance. As far as monsters go, he was okay. But a more iconic bad guy (Adam, Glory, Caleb) would've been so much better.

Adam would have been awesome. :rock

Back