Custom TDK Interrogation Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batgirl

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello all...

Well, I've been working for 2 days on a custom 1/6 scale TDK interrogation room (intended to ultimately house 2 of the Hot Toys figures). Unfortunately, I've hit a wall with it (no pun intended), and I was hoping that I might get some advice from those who have done this before.

I've been looking online (including this forum) and have spent some time looking at other people's work. It's all really amazing stuff!!!

Anyways, my issue is that I am trying to make a room that is not just the end, but rather is double in length to the ones I have seen online. I'd like to have the wall with the door (already completed, see pics) and then one of the walls with 2 mirrors. My major concern is that the side with the mirrors will be too heavy and will tip the whole thing over. The mirrors I have are pretty thick, and I don't expect to work. :/

Any suggestions? For those of you who have built these before, where did you get your mirror(s)?

Thanks! :)

very nice work!!! Great weathering on the door!!!

I was just thinking that maybe a Art & Crafts store might have some lightweight mirrors. might even try contacting these guys because they are doing the Interrogation Rooms as well and they might help you out. Ive talked to them before and they are really nice people. https://www.xcesstudios.com/

Good luck!! looking forward to seeing how yours comes out :)

Yupp xcesstudios = Batman79 :hi5:

Thanks for the responses! What started this whole thing was me purchasing the interrogation room table and chairs from xcess...

I'm gonna do a little more "homework" on the mirrors, unfortunately A.C. Moore's mirrors were either too small or too heavy. :(

Tried to respond to this post by quoting Mr. Ecko, but apparently it hasn't been approved yet... so sorry if it ultimately is a double post.

Anyways, I wanted to say thanks for the link, and that I'll be studying your custom (and all the others I can find) to get ideas... tomorrow I'm stopping at a local glass and mirror place to see what I can find. I'm hoping to get actual "one way" glass.

Is that what you used Ecko?

Hello all...

Well, I've been working for 2 days on a custom 1/6 scale TDK interrogation room (intended to ultimately house 2 of the Hot Toys figures). Unfortunately, I've hit a wall with it (no pun intended), and I was hoping that I might get some advice from those who have done this before.

I've been looking online (including this forum) and have spent some time looking at other people's work. It's all really amazing stuff!!!

Anyways, my issue is that I am trying to make a room that is not just the end, but rather is double in length to the ones I have seen online. I'd like to have the wall with the door (already completed, see pics) and then one of the walls with 2 mirrors. My major concern is that the side with the mirrors will be too heavy and will tip the whole thing over. The mirrors I have are pretty thick, and I don't expect to work. :/

Any suggestions? For those of you who have built these before, where did you get your mirror(s)?

Thanks! :)

Welcome to the board BatGirl. Superb start on your interrogation room. If weight is an issue than you might consider using mirror film. Top brands provide reflexions equal to real mirrors. You can combine it with an acrylic plastic sheet to get a light-weight mirror.

Well, it's done. I had to make sure that I got this done in time to give to my boyfriend for his birthday... so here it is!!!

Thanks for the responses and advice and compliments from everyone... it helped make this gift a success! I can't wait to see his reaction to it... he has talked about wanting a 1/6 scale chair for his Joker for a while.

I ended up returning the original super heavy mirrors I had, and found flexible automotive mirrors that worked perfectly. Using actual "one way" glass was out of my budget unfortunately.

I feel that it came out well for my very first custom. :)

Thanks again everyone!!!

Well, it's done. I had to make sure that I got this done in time to give to my boyfriend for his birthday... so here it is!!!

Thanks for the responses and advice and compliments from everyone... it helped make this gift a success! I can't wait to see his reaction to it... he has talked about wanting a 1/6 scale chair for his Joker for a while.

I ended up returning the original super heavy mirrors I had, and found flexible automotive mirrors that worked perfectly. Using actual "one way" glass was out of my budget unfortunately.

I feel that it came out well for my very first custom. :)

Thanks again everyone!!!

Damn, your boyfriend is gonna love you forever and ever, haha, nice job, it looks fantastic!

Oh wow you did this for your BF?

That is the best present ever!! Looks fantastic!!

Love to see some pics with figs posed in it and to hear his reaction

:D

:) Thanks everyone!

I'll be sure to let you all know what he thought of it, and will surely take some pictures of it with his figures in it!!!

I will show this thread to my girlfriend. Than I will take her stupid gift and throw it to her head as soon as I remember what it was.:gah:

Really nice work you did there. When your boyfriend ever leaves you be sure to take the diorama with you and he will come back in heartbeat. :lol

definitely some awesome work here!

i'm late to this thread but WELCOME!!!

nice to see a new member with some talent up their sleeve

Back