Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner film

Just saw this. Exciting news! My favorite sci-fi film next to ALIEN.

It will be interesting to see what Ridley does.

if they re-cast Rick Deckard than Michael Fassbender for sure.. or if they do focus on the other blade runner Holden, like in the novels, i think Michael Fassbender would be a perfect fit. I am calling that Ridley will cast him since he sought him out for Prometheus

This will be interesting to watch develop. I wouldn't mind a sequel about Deckard.

if they re-cast Rick Deckard than Michael Fassbender for sure.. or if they do focus on the other blade runner Holden, like in the novels, i think Michael Fassbender would be a perfect fit. I am calling that Ridley will cast him since he sought him out for Prometheus

I actually think Fassbender would be perfect for this. Then again, he's perfect for everything. :lol

Kool! Hopefully it will be good.

Finished.

I love that line. Don't destroy it making another Deckard story, just make it about a new Blade Runner.

Ps, anyone but Ridley and this would be a giant cluster ____.

a prequeI could be interesting. I want to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I want to see C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

What if Ridley makes the second Blade Runner and it turns out to be ____ ? Anyone considered that. George Lucas turn something that was great and made it worse and he was the original director.

What if Ridley makes the second Blade Runner and it turns out to be ____ ? Anyone considered that. George Lucas turn something that was great and made it worse and he was the original director.

Sure, there's always that possibility. But I'd rather not be a Debbie Downer and have a little faith in Scott. Besides Scott has proven that he can actually direct as opposed to Lucas.

Obviously this is fake but I noticed it before and thought it was very cool.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQ3nZ-JNJ0&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_213047"]'Blade Runner 2' Trailer (2014) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I would like to be pleasantly surprised by whatever Ridley chooses to for for this....so far,the stuff we're hearing/seeing from "Prometheus" is not inspiring confidence....but it's still a ways out, so we'll see.

But...the best news about this announcement to me is the notion that now that the licensing drama seems to be settled, we could see some decent collectibles/figures from the original movie...

I'll take my 1:6 scale "Batty" now HT if you please.... :)

From Ain't It Cool News:

Nordling here.

This is big news for those of us who worship at the altar of BLADE RUNNER. Ridley Scott confirmed with the Wall Street Journal Blog, Speakeasy, that he will, indeed, be helming the sequel to BLADE RUNNER. He told the blog, “I think I’m close to finding a writer that might be able to help me deliver. We’re quite a long way in, actually.”

I'm glad that if we're going to get another BLADE RUNNER film, that it's Ridley Scott who will be making it and not some studio hack brought in just to fill in the gaps. Scott also stated that it's looking like Deckard will not make an appearance in the film. Will we finally know decisively whether or not Deckard is a replicant? Will the past questions be answered? Scott isn't saying, but he did offer this bit about the first film - "Even though people think it’s a cool Philip Marlowe film with Deckard played by Harrison Ford, the film is very much about humanity.” What this means for the sequel is unclear, but I'm certain he'll explore what makes us human in comparison to the replicants in the new film.

We had heard rumors for some time that Scott would be returning to BLADE RUNNER, but this clinchs it, apparently. Thanks to ColonelFatheart for the link.

Nordling, out.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/51846

Thanks to Deak Starkiller for the link.

a prequeI could be interesting. I want to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I want to see C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

Pfffff I see that everyday!

I'm interested to see what Ridley will come up with. I'm ok with no Deckard though. I always thought he was a replicant (I enjoy the irony and practicality of that) so he's got 4 years max then his time is up.

Lets see something new:lecture

Agreed. Deckard, Jr. played by Shia Labouf, please.

shutup_spike.jpg

Somewhere, there is a childhood in a bar talking to a man with a pocket full of ruffies. Let's watch and see what happens. :p

Somewhere, there is a childhood in a bar talking to a man with a pocket full of ruffies. Let's watch and see what happens. :p

It's already happened bro.

Bayformers:monkey2:monkey2

Harrison Ford In Early Talks For Ridley Scott's New BLADE RUNNER

Is Deckard coming back?

In March of 2011 word broke that Alcon Entertainment and Warner Brothers had teamed up to return to the world of Ridley Scott's classic scifi Blade Runner. In following weeks Scott himself would sign on to direct the project - it is widely expected to be Scott's next project after Prometheus, though he's got a number in the works so scheduling could always change - but the official line has always been that Scott would be the only returning alumni, that the plan was a completely fresh reboot.

In fact, producer Andrew Kosove made this abundantly clear in an August interview with the LA Times, saying:

In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting.

Well, either Kosove was throwing up a smoke screen or Scott disagrees.

Twitch has learned that Harrison Ford has entered into early talks to join the new Blade Runner. While this is still very early stages and it is quite possible that things won't work out the obvious implication is that what we are looking at is not a reboot but a direct sequel to the original.

Back