Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/118/1187598p1.html

Valve today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, an updated title due out early next year for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, PC, and Mac.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive features new maps, characters, and weapons as well as new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombard, VP of Marketing at Valve.

"For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is being developed by Valve in conjunction with Hidden Path Entertainment. The game will be playable at PAX Prime this month and the London Games Festival.

niiiiice! i hope it's much better than what CS: Source turned out to be.

LOVE me some Counter-Strike. Used to play this game non-stop for hours and hours.

I will OWN you all on DUST !!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycbuZNRgZc"]Counter Strike: Global Offensive Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Real trailer... :eek:

Last edited:
It's 2011, any 8 year old can render a 30 second cutscene in the school computer lab, show gameplay or GTFO Counter-Strike.

Seriously with MW and BF on the way you need to come to the table with something more impressive then that.

Also is this still on the Source engine? If it is just play CS Source with a HD map and weapons mod, looks like this is just more DUST anyway... How many years am I supposed to play the exact same living room sized map and not pretend to be bored?

I see some new textures and a Van in the middle of the hallway. Thats it? Again nothing that couldn't be done by modding CS: Source with an HD pack yourself for free in 10 minutes. :sleep

"OMG NEW CS!" tell me again what is new? Few texture changes here and there. Maybe a new weapon or two. Its the same game CS:S all of us have been playing since 2004.

The developers did mention that this isn't "Counter Strike 2", it's still the same with a few minor tweaking regarding graphics & some maps along with the new molotov cocktail. :dunno

Plus CS is/was the most popular online fps before COD, why fix it if it ain't broke? My only question is, why does the consoles get it first before the PC?

Because on PC we already have it. We have for the past 10 years.

Its called an HD Map pack. You can simply download 1080 retextures on the weapons and maps from fps banana, and we can just download custom maps in 10 seconds while were connecting to the server. None of this is new or news to us PC players.

This is the dumbest looking money grab in the history of video games without a doubt in my mind. Maybe moreso considering this got it's start as a free mod. Everyone on TF2 has also been saying the same since the trailer dropped.

Anyone start playing this? I believe it's available to the public for $14.99

Back