Creature: SSE or Color?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
which version do u guys like better and why?
i'm leaning towards color but that ES on the SSE is nice. what do each usually go for anyway?
thanks

Personally I like the SSE better. I just like the way it looks, not that the colored version looks bad. You can't really go wrong with either. There was a thread around here somewhere in which I posted comparison pics. You should try and find it. It'll give you a good comparison.

I said this before in the other thread, but I have both and I prefer the color version. It's probably my favorite of the Universal Monsters figures. Another Oluf masterpiece. You can't go wrong with either one.

I'm all for the color versions of figures... sure they aren't really screen accurate, but its what they would have looked like. Also aren't the color versions the first ones released... I'd rather have the first version of a figure than the second pretty much anytime.

I just started my UM collection, but it's color all the way for me. I just think they look more alive on my shelf and realism is why I love 12 inch figures.

Silver Screen because it only cost me $15.00. :chew

2006_0412Image0002.jpg

He really is a stalker isnt he? :D

Aerosmith said:
Silver Screen because it only cost me $15.00. :chew

2006_0412Image0002.jpg

He really is a stalker isnt he? :D

how the hell did u get an SSE for $15?! i know the colors usually go for $100-125 or so, but what is the going rate for an SSE? thanks

I got it from some guy named Bob back in 2004. Gave him a Palisades Tour Animal for it also. :D

I have no idea how much it goes for now.

I have two of the color version-- I have little interest in the SSE version. Both of mine are still in the box-- I don't have the heart to take 'em out!

Got the color version; he's great, and really seems to like my wife's Cy-Girls(especially Sky)...PS

I have 2 of the color Creatures, and 1 SSE, all still in the box. I ordered 2 color versions with the intention of opening one, but never got around to it. Now, I'm not sure I could open it, given the $$ it commands! Seriously, though, I will eventually open one of them , along with all the other 1/6 Uni Monsters ( I have 'em all except the RARE RARE RAER SSE Son of Frankentein). I hope to display them all in cabinets at some point.
In a related story, I also bought the 4 Sideshow Exclusive Platoon figures ( Rhah, King, Lerner & O'Neill) for the $50-60 dollars each they originally retailed for, but never opened them either! :lol

Green one looks the best but I would take the SSE one because it is so rare...By the way, Oluf has promise to put some on ebay very soon for less than 100$..Color and SSE !!!! Watch for his auctions !!!

Shaihulud said:
Green one looks the best but I would take the SSE one because it is so rare...By the way, Oluf has promise to put some on ebay very soon for less than 100$..Color and SSE !!!! Watch for his auctions !!!

He put those other 2 of each out about 10 days ago, they're all gone now as far as I know. I think he sold 8 of each. Maybe he has more...

Back