Where are they now? MRS. BATES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Apparently this prop survived and is residing in a film museum in France.

mrs-bates.jpg

https://www.cinematheque.fr/fr/musee-collections/musee/

It seems to have aged rather nicely!

If someone would make a prop replica of this that looked EXACTLY like this (and not some artists interpretation---I would buy it no matter what. Psycho is a perfect movie. I saw it in 1985 when I was 15. I saw NOES that same year. Oddly--Psycho scared me more....and still does.:lecture

If someone would make a prop replica of this that looked EXACTLY like this (and not some artists interpretation---I would buy it no matter what. Psycho is a perfect movie. I saw it in 1985 when I was 15. I saw NOES that same year. Oddly--Psycho scared me more....and still does.:lecture

I find that to be true of most B&Ws. Night of the Living Dead is another perfect example. The 1990 remake is a great horror movie and the zombies are incredible, but there's just something much more terrifying about the atmosphere of the original.

I wish I could have seen it in theaters. In fact, I literally just missed it. Rave Cinemas just showed it one night only last Thursday in a theater that's about an hour and a half drive away. I didn't find out about it until the day after!

I wont make the same mistake twice... they're playing Texas Chainsaw Massacre next Thursday night!

Man, I'd love a 1:1 replica of that!

Earlier this year, I picked up the Blu-ray and HIGHLY recommend it to Psycho fans.

Back