Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Default Re: Top 10 Horror Movies...Let's have 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Morgul Matt View Post

I would like to amend my list.

I saw In the Mouth of Madness again very recently, having not seen it for around 5 years or so, & although I still love it I wouldn't quite put it in my top 10 favourite horror movies. You see, it's not actually available here in the UK on dvd, hence my having not seen it for so long. Which is a shocking disgrace if you ask me. You could spit in the great John Carpenter's face and follow that up with a slap & I'm sure that he would find those actions far less insulting than to not even bother releasing one of his films on dvd.

There was one particular omission from my original list that I'm actually very embarrassed about, An American Werewolf in London. It's been one of my all time favourite films since I was a young lad and it just slipped my mind when I wrote my original list. I watched it again over the weekend &, for me, it's lost none of it's magic.

Plus, it's debatable whether certain films should even be classed as horror films at all. Some would argue that Jaws & Alien shouldn't even be on my list. But regardless of what other genres they are I think that they are both also horror movies. But what about Predator & Aliens? Should I include those as horror films? I'm actually not sure on that one but I'll go with a yes & include them all the same.

So anyway, here's an updated list to reflect my true top 10 horror movies... I think.

The Thing (1982)
    Aliens
    The Wicker Man (1973)
    Jaws
    Alien
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    An American Werewolf in London
    Poltergeist
    Predator
    Halloween (1978)
    All great movies my man!
    I wouldn't necessarily classify some of those in the 'Horror' genre, but that doesn't really matter. A great movie is a great movie.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    All great movies my man!
    I wouldn't necessarily classify some of those in the 'Horror' genre, but that doesn't really matter. A great movie is a great movie.
    Thanks buddy!

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm not convinced that Aliens & Predator should be there even though they both have plenty of horror elements in them.

So I amend my list yet again. At least this gives me an opportunity to use my favourite smilie.

The Thing (1982)
    The Wicker Man (1973)
    Jaws
    Alien
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    An American Werewolf in London
    Poltergeist
    Halloween (1978)
    Devil's Advocate
    Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

I also completely forgot about Devil's Advocate. Again, should it be classed as a horror? I have it in the horror section in my dvd/blu ray collection but...

I love you Gah smilie... I truly do.

It's so fluffy!!!
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    I'm seeing Predator on a few lists, don't think that is considered horror? I could never come up with 10 cause I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but Alien, Lost Boys, Bad Moon, Carpenter The Thing, Dead Silence, Silver Bullet and Paranormal Activity would make my list.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Follow ZsaszSays On Twitter Add ZsaszSays on Facebook Add ZsaszSays on Google+ Follow ZsaszSays on Tumblr Follow ZsaszSays on Flickr Visit ZsaszSays's Youtube Channel Visit ZsaszSays's Instagram Channel
    This is impossible.
    I live for horror movies, I cant come up with a top 10.

I just watched Stitches on Netflix. Enjoyable horror movie.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Puppet Master Grails
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaszSays View Post
    This is impossible.
    I live for horror movies, I cant come up with a top 10.
    Definitely. I think I changed my list several times before I posted it on here and then when I came back to it, I was already thinking of another movie that deserves to be on my list. Right there I gave up. It's impossible, I agree with ya Jon.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Follow ZsaszSays On Twitter Add ZsaszSays on Facebook Add ZsaszSays on Google+ Follow ZsaszSays on Tumblr Follow ZsaszSays on Flickr Visit ZsaszSays's Youtube Channel Visit ZsaszSays's Instagram Channel
    HORROR MOVIES IS LIFE.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Follow Rambler On Twitter Add Rambler on Facebook Visit Rambler's Instagram Channel
    These are mine, I know not that original, but everyone of them have scared me at some point in my life, and some still do to this day.

Halloween
    Alien
    Jaws
    Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    The Exorcist
    The Thing
    Psycho
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    The Shining
    Hidden Content
    CHECK OUT MY FOR SALE THREAD
    Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZsaszSays View Post
    HORROR MOVIES IS LIFE.

He speaks the truth!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    These are mine, I know not that original, but everyone of them have scared me at some point in my life, and some still do to this day.

Halloween
    Alien
    Jaws
    Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    The Exorcist
    The Thing
    Psycho
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    The Shining
    Damn good list!
    I've watched every single one of those many times over.