eFX reveals stormtrooper hero legend edition helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino

Super Freak
Reaction score
eFX is proud to announce the newest edition to the Legend line of replica helmets, a hero stormtrooper!

There were only 6 hero helmets made for ANH and only two are known to still be in existence.
One resides in the LFL archives, and another in a private collection (which is the one that we used to create the eFX replica.)

The helmet in the archives is the one used in well known promotional shots and is currently missing it's lens.

The helmet we used was totally complete and in fantastic condition and vac form molds were taken from the inside.

Oh yeah btw, the bubble lens piece was GREEN!

These replicas will be vac formed just like the original.
In addition, the paint for the detail areas was perfectly matched and the rubber trims will be custom extruded to match as well.

More info to come, but for now, we hope you enjoy the pics.

efx_herotrooper1.JPG

efx_herotrooper2.JPG

efx_herotrooper3.JPG

efx_herotrooper4.JPG

efx_herotrooper5.JPG

efx_herotrooper6.JPG

Last edited:
What are the main differences between this and the LE?

jkno seemed to have explained it pretty well

It seems this is made from original Hero helmet, thus from original molds - some saying from Mark Hamill's own helmet. But also the MR/eFX LE seems to be made from original molds, but I guess from Stunt and adapted as Hero. As Jez on StarWarsHelmets says: "Remember in 1976 the Stunt and Hero's came from the same base mould anyway".

Hope the guys crying to get one know what they are really getting. The Legend Stormtrooper will not be symmetrical. This won't be idealized (hopefully), it will be rough, flimsy, fragile and lightweight, made of thin ABS, the interior will have a leaf foam padding (no full padding like MR/eFX LE), the screws inside will be protuberating, and when you handle it you must be careful and you'll hear squeaks due to fragility - a very accurate lid, but not sturdy like MR/eFX LE. This will be exactly like the many fan made helmets who were also pulled from original screen used helmets.

I hope the price for this to be reasonable, and also for eFX to consider some international dealers due to the Vader Legend shipping fiasco. If eFX will price it too high and also if they will repeat the funny stuff with the shipping, I'll simply pass on it since there are so other cool Tk helmets out there, some I already have and some will come soon. We'll see...

What are the main differences between this and the LE?

The LE was made of fiberglass and still very much an idealized representation of the Stormtrooper helmet. It was created by a laser scanning technology and not cast directly from a screen used helmet.

The Legend Edition helmet is meant to be a true prop replica very faithful to the actual film prop and is as close as you can possibly get to owning an original helmet.
It was made directly from a screen matched original ANH hero helmet.
Molds were made directly from the inside to be vac-formed over in production.
These will be true copies of the film prop.
This is the first and only time an actual screen used hero stormtrooper helmet has been molded to produce replicas.

- It is made of ABS vac formed plastic just like the originals.
- The painted detail areas are incredibly accurate not only in their shapes but also in their color as we had special paint mixed to match the colors on the original helmet.
- The mic tips are molded directly from original tips.
- The rubber trims will be custom extruded to match the originals.

Just like the Legend/Limited Edition Vader helmet, this is a must have piece for prop replica enthusiasts as it simply just cannot get any better than this.

I own several Stormie helmets so I'm not that excited about this.

Beyond Vader, I'm not that excited about this 'Legend' line. It's just an excuse for eFX to charge more when it should just be a Limited Edition anyways. And it will happen too.

I own several Stormie helmets so I'm not that excited about this.

Beyond Vader, I'm not that excited about this 'Legend' line. It's just an excuse for eFX to charge more when it should just be a Limited Edition anyways. And it will happen too.

Same here. Also if eFX will repeat the FedEx shipping fiasco that happened with the Vader Legend I'm out. There are so many cool TK helmets out there, thus for me will not worth the hassle dealing with FedEx again. I'll have to simply see how will eFX deal with this regarding price, edition size, international shipping options, international dealer possibility etc.

I'm planning on getting one of these to go with my Legend Vader. :rock

Right on.
Seeing this piece displayed next to the Legend Vader will be very impressive.
Especially since you will basically be reuniting these two helmets as they appeared in some of the same scenes together! Literally.

Last edited:
Very intrigued with this piece as I only have the PCR from Efx currently, and I can only imagine the heightened differences between the two. I'm not a detail junkie, so I might pass, but I am certainly open and can be sold if this will mirror the Legend Vader in film accuracy and comes in at a nice price point. Wouldn't feel right neglecting my Legend Vader without the proper counterpart.

Wouldn't feel right neglecting my Legend Vader without the proper counterpart.

I know exactly how you feel.

Check this out.
Here are some pics of the eFX Stormtrooper Hero seen on screen.
If anyone has the ability to make better screen caps of this helmet it would be awesome.

You can see this trooper in the scene where Leia is captured and being marched to Vader in the Tantive.
You can also see him in the scene where Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie are in the Death Star and they turn a corner and run into two troopers.
This trooper is the one who says "It's them, blast them!"

For those who already have an eFX Vader on order, it is an absolute must to have this eFX Legend trooper to accompany it.
Check out the shot below of the two helmets as seen together in the exact same scene!
How cool is it that you can reunite them after over 30 years in your own personal collections!

efx_hero_onscreen.jpg

efx_legends.jpg

I'm leaning, Gino...

I think it will depend on price. Can't see dropping another grand on this.

Don't have a date for the pre-order or definitive pricing just yet.
But I think it's probably safe to say it should be less than the Limited Edition Vader.

Back