Need help to identify a Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imaresqd1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently came across this image on the package of an old batman action figure. the toy series is called "The legends of the Dark Knight". I did some digging and found out that the image might be done by Simon Bisley. However I couldn't find more pics of this Batman that are done in the same style. Is this done by Simon Bisley? If so, where can I find more pics of this particular style Batman? Thank you so much for your help.
5944999270_b89ff2f9a0.jpg

Hey guys, I recently came across this image on the package of an old batman action figure. the toy series is called "The legends of the Dark Knight". I did some digging and found out that the image might be done by Simon Bisley. However I couldn't find more pics of this Batman that are done in the same style. Is this done by Simon Bisley? If so, where can I find more pics of this particular style Batman? Thank you so much for your help.

I'm looking into it for you. I see alot of figure pictures and material with the same design on google (I typed Legends of The Dark Knight).

Try this site. You may find what you're looking for.
https://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/index.php

I believe I've found a place that you'll appreciate. Just look through the other pages for Batman also.:)

https://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=26&page=2

It does look a lot like Bisley art. Check out his Batman vs. Judge Dredd book for more. I think Kotobukiya did a statue or model kit of a Bisley Batman a while back...

looks like a knock off of Simon Bisley with a John Bolton vibe thrown in.

I had a batman figure when I was around 10 when it first came out. And this Batman image on the package really scared me for some reason. Now I look at it, the lips and chin are very Bale like.

This is from the aforementioned Batman/judge dredd - judgment on gotham book. However, I went through it and gave you the best pics in terms of detail. He uses a lot of shadows in his work and these are the biggest and lightest of the bunch. I think these are the last usable images in the book. Also has some shots of Bruce Wayne's features and body shots if you are doing the whole body.

Have Fun!

bisley2.jpg

Yeah, look up John Bolton, a VERY similar style as well. He did the ManBat elseworlds series, with a Batman that looked like that.

When Bisley first came on the scene I really liked his art but in recent years his stuff has become lazy and generic. Especially his art for Heavy Metal.

Back