DMK OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE-Let's share the love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encline_designs

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I am really impressed with both the Takara OPTIMUS PRIME and BB model kit!!! I know they are selling out like crazy which mean a-lot of people are.. so I thought we could have a place to discuss and show off pics of how awesome this thing is!

Here is the start of one..
cimg6477.jpg

I am painting this one, so parts obviously do not look like this..
cimg6481.jpg

LETS SEE SOME PICS!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ8U_LGU-h8"]‪DUEL MODEL KIT OPTIMUS PRIME: FINGER FIX ----ENCLINE'S HOW 2'S‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I've noticed discussion of this taking up the bulk of the last several pages in the regular TF thread, and I'm still not really clear on what it is. It is an unpainted model kit that you have to glue together that does not transform, correct? If so, the appeal is purely in the detail? Can it be posed like those MegaMan model kits post-assembly? I'm sort of surprised at the degree of interest in this, based on what it seems to be on its surface.

I've noticed discussion of this taking up the bulk of the last several pages in the regular TF thread, and I'm still not really clear on what it is. It is an unpainted model kit that you have to glue together that does not transform, correct? If so, the appeal is purely in the detail? Can it be posed like those MegaMan model kits post-assembly? I'm sort of surprised at the degree of interest in this, based on what it seems to be on its surface.

Yeah, I figured with as much talk as was going on there, a new thread would be good..

Check out this review to get a good idea...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3s2h7YpfIc"]‪Dual Model Kit 01 OPTIMUS PRIME‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Highly detailed, prepainted, snap together poseable model kit.

Over 120usd I think. Instant buy if it looked as good as the custom painted ones posted here. Not to sure exactly how good the original paint work is. Anyone post some closeup shots of the unmodified figure?

I don't have one yet but am leaning towards getting one soon.

I like the idea of a super detailed robot form that is poseable.

Over 120usd I think. Instant buy if it looked as good as the custom painted ones posted here. Not to sure exactly how good the original paint work is. Anyone post some closeup shots of the unmodified figure?

Did you watch the video? That is the figure put together straight out of the box.

Anyone have trouble getting the clear windshield parts to stay in?,mine keep popping out.

Although I could not stand the Bay movies, the designs were just incredible..

What other characters have this company made?

Optimus looks amazing.

So the decals that come with the kit in case you do want to paint it yourself...are they water slides or regular decals?

So the decals that come with the kit in case you do want to paint it yourself...are they water slides or regular decals?

water slide... but honestly, you would be better off just spraying a clear over the truck parts.

If you want a metallic finish, the decals or useless...

Last edited:
At first I was "why would I spend $100+ on a Transformers that doesn't transform?" Then I realize I got all the revoltech Transformers and love them and saw the new Prime revoltech but price is half of the DMK-01. Then I saw more pictures of the DMK-01 and caved and ordered one. Now I want Bumblebee.

Are there any plans on any other characters in this series?

Back