Hot toys avp alien arms and legs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xenomorphkid

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi, my avp alien warrior just arrived in the post and I've been trying to put it together, but I just can't seem to be able to :dunno . Its the right arm and leg. I cant seem to fit them in and I dont want to end up breaking it :gah: . Does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

avp_colled_alienwar.jpg

+

hairdryer.jpg

=

ss_alien.jpg

Thanks, I'll give it a go, but do I heat up the socket or ball or both? Probably a stupid question, but I dont want to get it wrong.

yeah just heat up the sockets until they're softer and the joints should pop right in. same goes for every HT figure assembly.

Thanks guys, got the leg in, just the arm to do now. Its being a real pain though.
Been trying for over a hour now, still no success with the arm though :(

Last edited:
try dunking the socket part of the arm in boiling water for a few seconds until it gets nice and soft. should pop right on. never try to force it together without softening the plastic. it WILL break.

I think I know whats gone a bit wrong here, I bought it second hand and it used to be put together, but when the person took it apart to fit it back in the box, the ball part came out of the body socket and stayed in the arm. So I've been heating up the body socket, but its difficult to get to because of the rubber around it.

just in case:
while attempting to put those limbs together watch out for rubbing the paint off...or worse, tearing that rubber suit. re-touch the fading paint with some gloss stuff. cheers. :]

I dont own any of the HT Aliens or Preds but as Ive seen this Alien needed to be assembled same goes for some of the Preds,why? Why dont they just come assembled like all other HT figures?

I dont own any of the HT Aliens or Preds but as Ive seen this Alien needed to be assembled same goes for some of the Preds,why? Why dont they just come assembled like all other HT figures?

an assembled alien figure would be packed TWICE as big as it is. then you complain about absurd shipping and handling fees.:lol

Back