Do You Guys Double Dip?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civiclx

Super Freak
Reaction score
When purchasing DVDs. I definitely will if I'm buying imported sets. But in this case I'm talking about r1 releases. I'm thinking about picking up the UE Harry Potter sets eventually. I don't have any right now. I do have 1-5 in the luggage set and the rest individually. I'm sure there will be a complete set for all 8 releases

But anyway, do you guys double dip at all or keep it to one release only?

I do upgrade some of my DVDs to Blu-rays for sure. As for double dipping, I do it when it's a movie or series I really love (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc), or when it's an even awesome-er edition of a movie I already own. :cuckoo::panic::rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
The recent Superman Anthology Blu-ray is an example of that.

That's one of the ones I was just thinking about. The box set was released some time after. Would you double dip for releases that came out on the same day? Maybe you love the artwork on one release but want the bonus disc from a store exclusive.

For those that do DD, what's the most copies you have of one film and what's the most R1 copies you own of a film?

I used to want the super ultimate uber editions, but then I realized I watch the bonus disc once and then never watch it again. My netflix queues have like 10,000 hours of stuff in it, so I can't be bothered wasting time with that stuff anymore.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J3w4cS2MvM"]YouTube - ‪Seinfeld: double dip‬‏[/ame]

I do upgrade some of my DVDs to Blu-rays for sure. As for double dipping, I do it when it's a movie or series I really love (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc), or when it's an even awesome-er edition of a movie I already own. :cuckoo::panic::rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
The recent Superman Anthology Blu-ray is an example of that.

Same here :hi5:

I have been cutting back a bit compared to my DVD days :lol

All three copies from the US xYx?

I have three of each for LOTR Fellowship and Return. 2-disc, 4-disc and gift sets. Don't have any on Blu yet.

Don't knock me but the highest number of sets I have is for Underworld. I have 13 copies from different parts of the world and there are still three sets I'd really like to have.

Devil, i mean buying multiple copies of the same film.

I double dipped when dark knight came out to get statues and props but then regifted dvd for x mas

I mostly just do upgrades to blu, but I have on a few occasions double and even triple dip. I have 3 versions of Lord of the Rings and will get a fourth if PJ does an uber version.

Back