Hot Wheels Elite Batmobiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering how much these retailed for? both the 1989 and the tumbler... Anyone own any of these and I would like your thoughts, I'm planning on getting the two.

Are these the 1:18, Ven? If so I have the 89 Batmobile. Got it for $45 on ebay a couple years ago. Worth every penny. An awesome display vehicle. Flip up hood guns, opening cockpit and great paint.

yeah bud! $45? dam man! all the prices I've seen as of recent are like 70+

thanks for the info. I'm searching for these two to display on my desk

Yeah the price has shot up since I bought mine but, honestly, I wouldn't have had a problem paying $70 for it.

It's a nice piece especially if your an 89 Bats fan...and can't afford Toynami's. :lol

yeah man they look amazing... Sucks I can't find any good shots of them. I think theres two tumbler versions.. a regular mattel version with a slightly gloss finish and the ELITE version... i can't be sure? do you know if theres a difference between these two

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019SSZH2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=015R47MNJMNAHKW6SCVE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Hot Wheels the Dark Knight Batmobile Tumbler: Toys & Games[/ame]

ELITE
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A2IJDA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=015R47MNJMNAHKW6SCVE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Hot Wheels Elite The Dark Knight Batmobile: Toys & Games[/ame]

I think the elite versions retailed for a little more and they had a little more detailing. For the 66 one, I think there was a super elite that was close to $200 or more.

Just checked my old e-mails, I got my '89 Batmobile for exactly $45, too. :lol That was also 3 years ago, though.
It's really an amazing piece. Like Coco, I would've easily paid more for it, too.

Here's an old shot I took back when I got it:
Batmobile.png

yeah man they look amazing... Sucks I can't find any good shots of them. I think theres two tumbler versions.. a regular mattel version with a slightly gloss finish and the ELITE version... i can't be sure? do you know if theres a difference between these two

Amazon.com: Hot Wheels the Dark Knight Batmobile Tumbler: Toys & Games

ELITE
Amazon.com: Hot Wheels Elite The Dark Knight Batmobile: Toys & Games

Just comparing the pics and reading the comments from the buyer of the cheaper one it appears that some parts that are painted gold on the $45 should've been painted black like they appear to be on the $70.

Other than that I don't know much about the 1:18 Tumbler.

Oh, and after looking at the awful gold paint on the 89 Elite version I say go for the regular version. I don't know what they were thinking doing that to Burton's Batmobile.

Just checked out ebay and found two of them that just ended at $50 dollars. That's not bad. Keep checking ebay I guess.

I got the Tumbler before they rereleased it for TDK at $50. The non-elite one with the weird gold accents. I have always meant to paint those black but never got around to it.

I would like a Burton version too, but not at the prices I see them going for.

Back