Footloose remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really liked the original footloose when it came out oh so long ago. I saw it the other day and kind of cringed.

I saw the trailer for the remake tonight. And two things occured to me.

1 - It just may be possible to carry TOO MUCH stuff over from the original to a remake.

2 - I am not sure a movie like this is really timely.

Other than the title track, the original was meh. I can't see the new one being any better or needed.

The trailer looked corny as hell. So, the town bans dancing because kids died in a car crash, as they were leaving a dance??

Why not just ban driving in a car??

The trailer looked corny as hell. So, the town bans dancing because kids died in a car crash, as they were leaving a dance??

That was the original storyline too.
The town banned drinking, loud music, dancing etc because 4 kids were killed in a car crash (well, the car went off a bridge) on their way home from a bar. The reverend's son was one of them and he and his 'flock' then started banning it all in their town.

I LOVED the original, I havn't seen it for many years but I'm sure I still would so I hope they don't do a remake.

HW needs to stop with the endless sequels, prequels, remakes and re-boots and come up with something original for a change.
x :peace

l heard it was illegal to dance after 1AM in Utah, not sure if it's true. Steve-o said that. then he got on the bed started dancing and said "i'm breaking the law in Utah".

Last edited:
Not ot get off topic, but can we stop with all these "reboots" of movies. Aside from making me feel old, is it really necesary to remake a 25 yr old mediocre movie to begin with? Or is it just capitalizing on the reality dance shows and think the sheeple just want to be entertained? Give me movies that are original and make me think, shock me, sadden me, make me laugh out loud. I don't mind stuff that takes a story line in a different direction....predators AVP, but these reboots can suck. This new Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks great but the reboot a few years ago with Mark Wahlberg blew monkeys.

Not ot get off topic, but can we stop with all these "reboots" of movies. Aside from making me feel old, is it really necesary to remake a 25 yr old mediocre movie to begin with? Or is it just capitalizing on the reality dance shows and think the sheeple just want to be entertained? Give me movies that are original and make me think, shock me, sadden me, make me laugh out loud. I don't mind stuff that takes a story line in a different direction....predators AVP, but these reboots can suck. This new Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks great but the reboot a few years ago with Mark Wahlberg blew monkeys.

:lol :lol :rotfl:lol

BTW...all these remakes make me feel old also. :mad:

Now where the hell is my walker?!?

old_man_walking_with__a_hc.gif

There are some churches here that don't approve of dancing. One has a hall that they rent for weddings but they aren't allowed to dance or drink in it. Fun times, fun times! :lol

That was the original storyline too.
The town banned drinking, loud music, dancing etc because 4 kids were killed in a car crash (well, the car went off a bridge) on their way home from a bar. The reverend's son was one of them and he and his 'flock' then started banning it all in their town.

I LOVED the original, I havn't seen it for many years but I'm sure I still would so I hope they don't do a remake.

HW needs to stop with the endless sequels, prequels, remakes and re-boots and come up with something original for a change.
x :peace

Sorry Scotty...the remake is done.

Maybe Kevin Bacon will play the John Lithgow part.

Nope...Dennis Quaid...sorry.

There are some churches here that don't approve of dancing. One has a hall that they rent for weddings but they aren't allowed to dance or drink in it. Fun times, fun times! :lol
Damn, that's just silly :panic:

Ren McCormick in council speech: "This is our time to dance. It is our way of celebrating... life. It's the way it was in the beginning, it's the way it's always been, it's the way it should be now * holds bible up*"

I watched Footloose many times as a kid :lol.
x :)

Sorry Scotty...the remake is done.
Nope...Dennis Quaid...sorry.

:monkey2 :(
Another crapfest I won't watch....and Dennis Quaid :nono :slap
x :lecture

Back