The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread devoted to apple fans, just an Apple vs Pc... So I thought I woukld start one.

Have any of you guys ever used an Xbox 360 controller on a Macbook Pro in Windows 7 Boot camp mode?

Thanks,
Joe

Actually I ordered a Macbook Pro and Fed-Ex delivered it to my house today. I never owned an Apple before but I always liked how the IMacs and Apple laptops looked when I went to the electronics store for a very long time and just decided to just go for it and give it a try.

Actually I ordered a Macbook Pro and Fed-Ex delivered it to my house today. I never owned an Apple before but I always liked how the IMacs and Apple laptops looked when I went to the electronics store for a very long time and just decided to just go for it and give it a try.

I'm happy with mine. I just don't like the operating sysytem. I'm using windows 7 in boot camp mode.

Have had an IPod, 3 Iphones, and now a macbook. They've all been great. They've given me very few issues and have been as a whole more user friendly than any pc I've had. I'd rather have macs now than PC's but don't hate PCs.

Have had an IPod, 3 Iphones, and now a macbook. They've all been great. They've given me very few issues and have been as a whole more user friendly than any pc I've had. I'd rather have macs now than PC's but don't hate PCs.

You've got an Apple store in your home!!! :lol

I'm in a similar boat with a Macbook Pro and an iPhone. Love them both. No real complaints on my end.

You've got an Apple store in your home!!! :lol

I'm in a similar boat with a Macbook Pro and an iPhone. Love them both. No real complaints on my end.

Yeah, just about. The Iphones are an original, 3g, and 4. I'm only using the 4 now though.

no offense but if you run windows on a mac, why even buy a mac?

no offense but if you run windows on a mac, why even buy a mac?

It's because Im in game mode right now. This is the only computer I have thats beefed up enough to play games on. And there aren't a lot of games for mac right now. So I installed Win 7 partioned so I can play the games I want without having to worry about apples small game library.

I'll switch back to osx or lion when it comes out when I get my PC tower.

I've been trying out my new Macbook Pro and so far I love it. I never owned a laptop before and I'm really glad I chose Apple because it's perfect for my work and to also mess around. My wife now wants the iMac 27-inch which I'm willing to get, but unfortunately she's gonna to have to wait until next year. Until then she'll just have to use the Dell.

This is what I got.

2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
8x Double-Layer SuperDrive
MBP 15" Glossy WS Display

It's because Im in game mode right now. This is the only computer I have thats beefed up enough to play games on. And there aren't a lot of games for mac right now. So I installed Win 7 partioned so I can play the games I want without having to worry about apples small game library.

I'll switch back to osx or lion when it comes out when I get my PC tower.

uh, imo...just get a suped up PC that will cost 2x less than that Mac you are running win7 on. lol...?

Have any of you guys ever used an Xbox 360 controller on a Macbook Pro in Windows 7 Boot camp mode?

Thanks,
Joe

I've used it with my MBP and Windows XP. Works perfectly fine. You just need to download the drivers from MS like anything else on Windows.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

I have a 2010 15" Macbook Pro, Might get a macmini when it's released if it is quadcore. More Power... Need More Power. :yess:

uh, imo...just get a suped up PC that will cost 2x less than that Mac you are running win7 on. lol...?

Uh, I plan on doing that Nash buddy.. As I said earlier, this Mac is just what I'm using in the mean time till I get all my hardaware. I pieceing it together little by little.

The only reason I have this Macbook Pro is because my brother basically gave it to me as rent money because he's staying with me for a little while. I guess I could sell it to help fund a "supped up Pc" faster.

But I do need a notebook for portability purposes, as well as a tower.

Back