Hot Toys versus DC Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
I'm on another board talking about the HT figure announcement of GL and a lot of them aren't familiar with HT, they actually think that DCD is the same quality. Does anyone have images of any of the releases (The Comedian, Superman Returns, TDK figures) side by side?

I'm on another board talking about the HT figure announcement of GL and a lot of them aren't familiar with HT, they actually think that DCD is the same quality. Does anyone have images of any of the releases (The Comedian, Superman Returns, TDK figures) side by side?

really?:rotfl what forum is that?
they don't even compare

Yeah. GLCMB, although I don't fault them for not knowing about HT in depth considering that HT hasn't really done too many DC heroes outside of Batman and Superman but I couldn't believe when I read that people didn't see the difference between the HT Batman and DCD Batman from TDK. Although finding comparison pics themselves has been a trial.

Rebelscum for Hasbro SW, Hisstank.com for Hasbro Joes and Spawn.com for the cheaper NECA, McFarlane, etc. all have those types of skewed views. :cuckoo: :lol

Here, this should help you illustrate it:

htvsdcd1.jpg

htvsdcd2.jpg

htvsdcd3.jpg

goodvscrap.jpg

:wave

Talk about a BIG difference between what each company puts out in terms of sculpting quality, paint job, and just overall presentation. DCD is so far behind HT its criminal.

Intrigue caused me to Google and read the thread.

Hah, those guys are nuts. Those DCD figures are embarrassing. Wouldn't pay a dollar.

I love the dc13 figures. Primarily, since i got my figures at an average price of 50 per figure after market. But Quality-wise? It's like holding a candle against the sun.

Don't say anything...more freaks to contend with on wait list and over inflating of the secondary market!

The only people who could really consider such a thing are those that don't know any better. Those comparison shots should help. Particularly the last one :D

Having said that, I agree that some of the DCD figures are pretty cool. Particularly the Neal Adams-style Batman. HT probably won't be doing that comic style anytime soon, so it really is the best official 1/6th scale comic Batman there is IMO.

The only people who could really consider such a thing are those that don't know any better. Those comparison shots should help. Particularly the last one :D

Having said that, I agree that some of the DCD figures are pretty cool. Particularly the Neal Adams-style Batman. HT probably won't be doing that comic style anytime soon, so it really is the best official 1/6th scale comic Batman there is IMO.

They have their hits. The Justice Batman and Kingdom Superman were both done well. Are they HT quality? Absolutely not. This's made even worse when you consider the price DCD charges for them.

This doesn't surpise me. I bet you could show them side by side pictures and they would still say DCD is the same or better. Heck, there are people her who think the new NECA Predator is better then then Hot Toys Predator.

:cuckoo:

Can you give me a link to the thread? I must read this.

Last edited:
Back